62 replies to this topic

MetroFever

MetroFever

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I think if he had something definitively line-up, we would have heard about it. 

Gio was given a chance to coach in MLS. Robin Fraser was as well (he was the actual tactical coach on the Red Bulls, not Petke). MLS GM's do not see Woly in the same light.

A good guy on and off the field. Wish him well.

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I feel like with Thelwell's statements on youth development "mutual" is a nice way of saying Woly's got canned. Thelwell wanted his guys in.

Sucks because I am a big fan of Woly - but there has to be better jobs out there than RBII. I wonder what he was getting paid. I'm thinking this might be a good thing for Woly. Even if he wants to stay in the area, there are two other MLS teams in commuting distance and so many college teams.  

I would be super excited if he got a head coach MLS job, but that doesnt seem likely to me. And yet, Armas is at old tratford, so what do i know. 

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
I thought it was interesting to see Sekaya on the first teams bench at times this year and not Woly

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I thought it was interesting to see Sekaya on the first teams bench at times this year and not Woly

He got promoted to the first team at the beginning of the season.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I feel like with Thelwell's statements on youth development "mutual" is a nice way of saying Woly's got canned. Thelwell wanted his guys in.

Sucks because I am a big fan of Woly - but there has to be better jobs out there than RBII. I wonder what he was getting paid. I'm thinking this might be a good thing for Woly. Even if he wants to stay in the area, there are two other MLS teams in commuting distance and so many college teams.  

I would be super excited if he got a head coach MLS job, but that doesnt seem likely to me. And yet, Armas is at old tratford, so what do i know. 

I wouldnt be suprised if he ended up in man u or if he goes to another MLS team.

Woly achieved what he could in usl. The team is being demoted. Why would he stay? For woly, it doesnt make any sense.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,916 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Any chance he winds up coaching a USL team?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts

Any chance he winds up coaching a USL team?

I feel like a stand alone USL team would be more fulfilling (if lower paying) than RBII. 

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,647 posts

Surprised that he was never moved on to a first team assistant. And I figure he wasn't willing to wait for Carnell to move on and wasn't willing to continue to ride out with lame duck RB2 in USL and being a youth development guy in the new MLS NEXT league probably wasn't all that appealing to a guy who probably has his sights set higher. 

We know Struber isn't gonna be here forever just surprised they never wanted to groom Woly to take over that role eventually. RBS is known for it's succession planning considering how often their coaches change so obviously we never have that kind of foresight. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,513 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

2016 USL Double. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

ibra was there due to his ability to speak spanish

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

where did you see mutual in a statement. Woly qoute said it will allow him to pursue other professional opportunities

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
Sucks.

Sucks hard.

I hope he finds a better job and does really well.

Thanks Woly. Im sorry our organization is run by fucking moronic dickheads.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Sucks.

Sucks hard.

I hope he finds a better job and does really well.

Thanks Woly. Im sorry our organization is run by fucking moronic dickheads.

I dont get this. Yea, theyre not trying to win USL anymore, but who the fuck cares? Theyve decided to go a development route which means putting younger players in tougher spots. I totally understand Woly not wanting to be part of that, but the teams decision to go in this direction is not moronic.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

This piece of garbage club drives people away.. 

Good for Woly. Probably couldn't take the bullshit anymore. Never got the fair shake to be the 1st team coach or even an assistant. 

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

This piece of garbage club drives people away.. 

Good for Woly. Probably couldn't take the bullshit anymore. Never got the fair shake to be the 1st team coach or even an assistant. 

The number of assumptions in his post is staggering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users