82 replies to this topic

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,858 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Unless we pay DP money (which he's not worth imo), I see him walking to get the money in Europe unless we sell him forst. Even playing for a lower division La Liga side he could make that level of money.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,513 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I haven't seen anything to indicate the length of his current contract. We can assume that his contract runs from 2020-2023, and that it allegedly runs the standard 2 yrs plus 2 team option yrs. They have to sell him in Jan, or else he walks since 2023 is his last option yr.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts
CCJ is most likely gone come winter time. 3-4 mil is fair for him. Long will most likely be gone as well since hes getting European interest plus if he does well in qatar he will be in Europe. Tolkin is a question mark going to Europe but hopefully he stays for two more years before jumping the ship. He needs to develop more which is normal for a 20 yr old on his offensive game I feel but he will keep improving for sure.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,513 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

----------------Klimala

-Luquinhas *Casseres *Morgan

--------Edelman Yearwood

---Tolkin Reyes *Long *Duncan

----------------Coronel

Meara SNealis DNealis Amaya Omir Harper *Clark *Barlow *Elias 

Marcucci *Edwards Pasher Nocita Sserwadda Carmona Castellano Ngoma *Ryan 

Guys who I think won't be on the roster for 2023:

Edwards (obvs)

Casseres

Morgan

Long

Duncan

Clark

Barlow

Elias

Ryan

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,809 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

----------------Klimala

-Luquinhas *Casseres *Morgan

--------Edelman Yearwood

---Tolkin Reyes *Long *Duncan

----------------Coronel

Meara SNealis DNealis Amaya Omir Harper *Clark *Barlow *Elias 

Marcucci *Edwards Pasher Nocita Sserwadda Carmona Castellano Ngoma *Ryan 

Guys who I think won't be on the roster for 2023:

Edwards (obvs)

Casseres

Morgan

Long

Duncan

Clark

Barlow

Elias

Ryan

Gonna disagree on Morgan and Duncan.  I think they have both found a happy place here.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts

Morgan i don't see leaving unless a big offer comes in from UK. Duncan situation depends on his belgium team giving him opportunities. I think if he returns back to MLS, we will be the favorites to get him.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,354 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Gonna disagree on Morgan and Duncan.  I think they have both found a happy place here.

I had agreed but...

https://twitter.com/...uFdQB2ZCrg&s=19

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,809 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I had agreed but...

That's OK.  We have Pasher now.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I had agreed but...

Yeah, i hope he stays. he is our MVP this year. 

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

That's OK.  We have Pasher now.

Manoel is also a left wing moreso than a striker, apparently.  Of course, his loan is only through the end of this season, so no guarantee  he'll be here next year either.

Potentially, they buy Manoel, sell Morgan to Europe, move Manoel to Morgan's spot, and bring in a new striker.  If Pasher sticks around, he's the  back up for left wing/left wingback.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,354 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Yeah, i hope he stays. he is our MVP this year. 

We have to start to embrace the possibility that he wants to go. Am I correct in recalling that Johnny Russell on SKC has said in the past that playing in MLS hurt his national team chances? If Morgan is feeling that heat, he may really want to get back to Europe.

I appreciate that Red Bull wants to keep him for the season, but if they get a chance over the winter to flip $1M in GarberBucks for a sizeable transfer fee, they're probably going to take it.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,738 posts

I had agreed but...

no surprise

We have possible Manoel (who seems winger like), Ngoma, Wiki etc.  We will be okay (provided we get elite striker)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

We have to start to embrace the possibility that he wants to go. Am I correct in recalling that Johnny Russell on SKC has said in the past that playing in MLS hurt his national team chances? If Morgan is feeling that heat, he may really want to get back to Europe.

I appreciate that Red Bull wants to keep him for the season, but if they get a chance over the winter to flip $1M in GarberBucks for a sizeable transfer fee, they're probably going to take it.

I agree. The should take it.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

I had agreed but...

Let's see. He will be 26, not that young for a transfer. He is a star here and might not have a better situation in Europe. There is still a chance he might want to stay. At least I am hoping for that. Otherwise with Tolkin most likely gone, we will have a lot of holes to fill. And I have no confidence in Schnider given his pathetic excuses during press conference.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,738 posts

hard to say with Morgan - they could easily almost double his salary - pay him $1M and bring him into Luq range.

All depends if he wants to go back to Europe.  Maybe Scotland NT opens up a little since not in World Cup

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users