22 replies to this topic

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

insigne and bernardeschi has been great pick ups. jesus jimenez looks decent. Kaye and Henry were also good pick ups.

the issue with TFC is that they have almost a brand new team. i dont think you can judge him this season since there has been so much turn over. you have to give him another season to see if this team is heading in the right direction. 

what messed him up was the salcedo signing. it didnt look like he wanted to be there.  and he took too long to dump other high salary players like puzuelo 

Look, I love Insigne, one of my favorites to watch in the last few years. And hell be good for TFC the next few seasons and so will TFC as, like you said, theyve made a bunch of smart roster decisions this year. Still though, Bob has to take some heat for not figuring out how to keep them competitive in the first half of the season. Again, this is the second year in a row hes not been able to get his team over the line in league in which half the teams make the playoffs.

How much worse was Armas roster last season? And he didnt get a second half of the year with the players that Bob got. I would not be surprised at all if TFC won the SS or MLS Cup or both next year, they look like they have the pieces that can get it done. But they werent good enough this year and Bob has to shoulder some of that blame.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

How much is Mikey making?

$1.5 million. He isn't even a DP anymore.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

How much worse was Armas roster last season? And he didnt get a second half of the year with the players that Bob got.

Armas won 1 of 11 matches to start the season and got canned after losing 7-1 to fucking DC United. Toronto didn't do well this season, but they were worlds better under Bradley than they were under Armas, even before the summer signings.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Look, I love Insigne, one of my favorites to watch in the last few years. And hell be good for TFC the next few seasons and so will TFC as, like you said, theyve made a bunch of smart roster decisions this year. Still though, Bob has to take some heat for not figuring out how to keep them competitive in the first half of the season. Again, this is the second year in a row hes not been able to get his team over the line in league in which half the teams make the playoffs.

How much worse was Armas roster last season? And he didnt get a second half of the year with the players that Bob got. I would not be surprised at all if TFC won the SS or MLS Cup or both next year, they look like they have the pieces that can get it done. But they werent good enough this year and Bob has to shoulder some of that blame.

The reason bradley gets a pass is because the roster is still being built.

I think next year they have to be make it to semis or finals or else he is out. Too much money was invested for them to fail.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,809 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The reason bradley gets a pass is because the roster is still being built.

Then every coach here forever onward gets a pass

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,738 posts

I enjoyed watching TFC highlights, jealous of their spend and kinda enjoyed that despite all that firepower and other midsummer additions they were not able to make playoffs by outscoring everyone 5-4

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,916 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

TFC not able to outscor(e) everyone 5-4

Seeing how we have only scored 46 + 1 OG in 32 Gs,
I would have enjoyed a few more 5-4 results.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Armas won 1 of 11 matches to start the season and got canned after losing 7-1 to fucking DC United. Toronto didn't do well this season, but they were worlds better under Bradley than they were under Armas, even before the summer signings.

Being worlds better than Armas isnt saying much. Bradley > Armas for sure, I just think Bob deserves some blame this season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users