• Please log in to reply
1177 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

i can't believe lade is still on this roster, let alone the starter on day 1 of our new season.  do they expect taxi to never get injured again / never miss time for the national team??

Layoff Lade.  Lade is # 2 at LB .  Tarek can play LB.  RB #2 is clearly Duncan when back up to speed in ~ 1 month.

Yanes might grow into LB in 6 months as well.

If we can't beat the DR champ with Lade (yeah I known W connection , US v T&T) then thats on the team not Lade. 

Lade is a very valuable part of this team and was not at fault for the ATL playoff loss.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,036 posts

Lade and Muyl stil in the starting lineup...this offseason was worse than I thought. We will get by Pantoja with this lineup but Santos is another story. Not feeling very confident about this run.

Ummm, lade is there because of the injury to Taxi, we aren't talking about Lade as the permanent starter. Take a chill pill

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Layoff Lade.  Lade is # 2 at LB .  Tarek can play LB.  RB #2 is clearly Duncan when back up to speed in ~ 1 month.

Yanes might grow into LB in 6 months as well.

If we can't beat the DR champ with Lade (yeah I known W connection , US v T&T) then thats on the team not Lade. 

Lade is a very valuable part of this team and was not at fault for the ATL playoff loss.  

I did forget about Duncan.  But Duncan is still an unproven in my mind. He had a few good showings before he got hurt, who knows how he will be when he comes back? (remember Gideon Baah?)

I am much more comfortable with Lade being the LB in a 5 man backline and having him further up the field. I don't trust him in a 4 man backline, where he has more responsibility to step up/ hold the line/ push players offside. I think that is the weakest part of his game.

I am fine with Lade making an appearance here and there, in a midweek game vs. Colorado or something. But we should not be one small injury away from having him start a Champions League / Playoff game

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

More importantly....are these games going to be televised?

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

i think they are on univision deportes

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

in English on Yahoo Sports!!!!!!

1TeamInNY

1TeamInNY

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, USWNT

Looks like the match will be in Santo Domingo and not Santiago. http://atleticopanto...ns-league-2019/

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Really tempted to go, but wish it had been on Thurs, not Wed

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,570 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

the match will be in Santo Domingo. http://atleticopanto...ns-league-2019/

DR$ is worth 2 cents US.
So, VIP ticket on game day is US$18.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I hope for the return leg that RB are somewhat advertising it... It's time to take the CCL a little bit more serious... The channels that cover regular season RB should be trying to advertise this as well.. I hope there is a big crowd for our boys at the return leg... But big crowd or not I now the loyal supporters will bring the noise
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I hope there is a big crowd for our boys at the return leg.

Not gonna happen

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,064 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Not gonna happen

No amount of marketing could get any significant crowd to Harrison on a Wednesday night in February.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Throw in that it's against a team from the DR to boot. It sucks, but I really can't blame them for not markering it.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Not to beat the dead horse on attendance, but the crowd will obviously be small for an 8pm start on a cold, Wednesday, February game against a team from Domincan Republic. South Ward will bring the noise though. First game in months - I know I'm excited. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,570 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

No amount of marketing could get any significant crowd to Harrison on a Wednesday night in February.

Free Beer! :40
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=6wd_6Y0wQOA

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users