464 replies to this topic

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Nope, we're busy scouring the UK to find players because that region is where you will constantly find undervalued players. It's not like player values in the UK are ridiculously inflated to an absurd degree and that if you are preaching moneyball bullshit it's just about the worst place in the world to be scouting or something.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,901 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

This is why youre the man!!! Im sure hell score a lot for Dallas.

Help my SA scouting knowledge please......

I saw a young SA goalie this past year and he was literally one of the best young goalies Ive ever seen in my life. Europe wasnt touching him because I think hes like 511. But hes going to be amazing.......he already is actually. Id looooovr to go after this guy and hes attainable.

Maybe his name was Moises Ramirez from Ecuador? I believe I saw him play at the U-19 World Cup. But maybe Im getting him mixed up.

If youre familiar With the guy Im speaking about, please chime in.

Moisés Ramírez.. Interesting fact he and I have the same b-day I'm just way older lol
https://youtu.be/pxJW6aJVWpg

Real Sociedad bought his contract but loan him to Independiente del Valle. They have a Spaniard as their manager that was an academy coach but took over the first team and led them to win the 2019 Copa Sudaméricana...

You can catch them playing Copa Libertadores in March by way of winning the Sudaméricana... He'll likely be Ecuador starting keeper in the next year or so
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,901 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Nope, we're busy scouring the UK to find players because that region is where you will constantly find undervalued players. It's not like player values in the UK are ridiculously inflated to an absurd degree and that if you are preaching moneyball bullshit it's just about the worst place in the world to be scouting or something.

Facts....

I don't watch Asian football i don't get channels for that or African football but there's undervalued studs everywhere...

I get 133 Colombian channels and channels from Brasil and Argentina ans UK sports channels... They'd have better luck watching actual matches and internet searching bios then whatever they're doing now... It's not like it's a secret when clubs and youth national teams play... Why wouldn't you watch international club tournaments and youth national tournaments.... Obviously a couple of stand outs that aren't making a lot of money and play for smaller clubs will be there... Then if someone stands out send an actual scout to matches to meet their managers and sporting directors and interview the player... I didn't think this was rocket science.. Maybe I am clueless
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,000 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Facts....

I don't watch Asian football i don't get channels for that or African football but there's undervalued studs everywhere...

I get 133 Colombian channels and channels from Brasil and Argentina ans UK sports channels... They'd have better luck watching actual matches and internet searching bios then whatever they're doing now... It's not like it's a secret when clubs and youth national teams play... Why wouldn't you watch international club tournaments and youth national tournaments.... Obviously a couple of stand outs that aren't making a lot of money and play for smaller clubs will be there... Then if someone stands out send an actual scout to matches to meet their managers and sporting directors and interview the player... I didn't think this was rocket science.. Maybe I am clueless

You are not clueless. You get it more than anyone in our front office. Actually, more than anyone in most MLS front offices.

Thats why a guy like Tata, who know SA.....the players, youth teams, etc., can come in and identify the right talent and win right away.

And MLS loser SDs are all reading from the same league database.

Im the same way was you with English soccer. You actually have to watch all the games, read up and be truly interested to know what youre talking about.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Thats why a guy like Tata, who know SA.....the players, youth teams, etc., can come in and identify the right talent and win right away.

You are partially right there. While Tata might know some leagues and players, he does have a large network of coaches and agents that he has worked with for a long time and has established a source of players. Something that very few MLS coaches or SDs do

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,262 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

You are partially right there. While Tata might know some leagues and players, he does have a large network of coaches and agents that he has worked with for a long time and has established a source of players. Something that very few MLS coaches or SDs do

Tata's reputation was probably the most important factor in pulling the likes of Almiron and Barco. He had just wrapped up stints coaching Barca and Argentina, players want to learn from a guy like that. Nobody wants to leave home to play for Chris Armas.

beefyT

beefyT

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Supports:Taco Tuesday

Altidore?  Ali said to be shopping him after negative comments

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,395 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Altidore?  Ali said to be shopping him

Right up there with the Diallo acquisition?
Anyway, he is signed for the next 3 seasons:
https://www.mlssocce...ct-through-2022
at a reported $6 Million per year:
https://www.google.c...ntract-revealed

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

11 goals in 22 appearances last year, he's still productive.  But he's injury prone, past his prime and pricey.  Burned bridges aside, I'd pass.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2

word on the street is TFC might want to shift Jozy..

we could use a ST...

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,361 posts

we could use a ST...

might be a little awkward....

so we would stop booing him and cheer for him right?

You came back - all is forgiven (MLS wise ;-)

When healthy he is good. 

Is there a need when we can have Cosgrove or Shankland.... lol 

Doyle says there is still a need - Thanks Matt we agree!!

https://www.mlssocce...ead-2020-season

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

might be a little awkward....
so we would stop booing him and cheer for him right?
You came back - all is forgiven (MLS wise ;-)
When healthy he is good. 

Is there a need when we can have Cosgrove or Shankland.... lol 

Doyle says there is still a need - Thanks Matt we agree!!
https://www.mlssocce...ead-2020-season

We literally traded for fucking Mamadu Diallo, the guy who inspired the "Revenge Is Coming" shirt and who is arguably the most hated opposing player in Metro history.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,401 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Not to mention piece of shit Jaime Moreno. Although I'm pretty sure I never rooted for the guy while he was here

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,941 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

we could use a ST...

No thanks, fuck him.

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

Josey definitely won't fit the "Red Bull" game tactics.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users