ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

I remember saying this name pre 2013 but I'll say it again.. And everyone will roll their eyes but hear me out because there is a precedent.

Julian Draxler

Now with Mbappe, Cavani and Neymar he will not be the focal point of the side like maybe he thought he was going to be.

In fact adding Di Maria and Pastore and Lucas Moura maybe he sees very little time.

This reminds me of Giovinco time at Juventus... In my opinion Giovinco was better than guys seeing more time than him on that side..

Fast forward and he gets a deal with money and being the guy here in his MLS club.

So it isn't far fetch to get a guy still in his prime as Giovinco situation was very similar..

NYRB should break the bank and go for Draxler..

We all know they aren't though. So in the meatime we're stuck with $1,000,000 BWP and bought down DPs/TAMs.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

We all know they aren't though. So in the meatime we're stuck with $1,000,000 BWP and bought down DPs/TAMs.

That's the formula going fwd. 1 Ok salary DP, then a bunch of low end DPs and TAM guys. they have to be solid pick ups for the it to work though, and it hasn't this season cuz Collin's been injured with the Luke Rodgers injury. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

I remember saying this name pre 2013 but I'll say it again.. And everyone will roll their eyes but hear me out because there is a precedent.

Julian Draxler

Now with Mbappe, Cavani and Neymar he will not be the focal point of the side like maybe he thought he was going to be.

In fact adding Di Maria and Pastore and Lucas Moura maybe he sees very little time.

This reminds me of Giovinco time at Juventus... In my opinion Giovinco was better than guys seeing more time than him on that side..

Fast forward and he gets a deal with money and being the guy here in his MLS club.

So it isn't far fetch to get a guy still in his prime as Giovinco situation was very similar..

NYRB should break the bank and go for Draxler..

Draxler has at least 6-7 years of playing time ahead of him in Europe. Maybe we can revisit this next decade?

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Julian Green is outside this team's budget,forget about Julian Draxler.

5 year plan

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Draxler lol. Why even wate your breath

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Julian Green is outside this team's budget,forget about Julian Draxler.

My favorite response

I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Draxler has at least 6-7 years of playing time ahead of him in Europe. Maybe we can revisit this next decade?

So did Giovinco.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

So did Giovinco.

Giovinco wasn't getting games at Juve. Draxler has been more active than Giovinco in terms of getting minutes at his clubs.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Giovinco wasn't getting games at Juve. Draxler has been more active than Giovinco in terms of getting minutes at his clubs.

His minutes will disappear now with Neymar and Mbappe

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

His minutes will disappear now with Neymar and Mbappe

True, but there was Premier League interest in Draxler this last window.  I don't think there was much interest outside of Serie A for Giovinco and TFC could pay Giovinco more than any Serie A club could.  I doubt many MLS teams could match an offer from England.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Probably out of our price range, but how about Javier Mascherano to provide some leadership for our young CBs?

http://www.sport-eng...-states-6383188

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Probably out of our price range, but how about Javier Mascherano to provide some leadership for our young CBs?

No.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
Unless Veron goes on a tear and helps the club bring home an MLS Cup I think they need to part ways with him this offseason to free up the DP slot. Right now he has been playing his best since coming here but if he can't get into the starting 11 ok a weekly basis then we need to sign a DP who can.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Unless Veron goes on a tear and helps the club bring home an MLS Cup I think they need to part ways with him this offseason to free up the DP slot. Right now he has been playing his best since coming here but if he can't get into the starting 11 ok a weekly basis then we need to sign a DP who can.

Think him not getting into the 11 is more a fault of Marsch's than Veron's at this point, but your point still stands.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

Im sorta scared of guys that can play CB/ dmid playing for us after comming over from Barcelona. I cant quite remember or know why such a fear exists. It could be something super traumatic that happened in the past which my brain just blocked out from its memory banks

5 year plan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users