Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron
eExQt9p.png

If they did it for that Galaxy and the Sounders, you damn well know they were told not to give Jones and Nguyen reds nor second yellows.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
That's hilarious given what happened to BWP

nlk10010

nlk10010

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Right, or to give offside on the RB "goal", or to hit Eckersley with yellow cards early on.

Face it, no matter what the refs do they're going to be criticized. People who say they shouldn't give red cards to big players because it "changes the game", congratulations, you got what you wished for. Those who argue refs "should put their whistle in their pocket" at the end of games, here, you got what you wished for.

As I've always maintained, the ONLY common sense way to referee a game is to set out the rules before hand, make sure everyone knows them and then enforce them consistently, regardless of the stage of the match or the player(s) involved. Period. The only qualification Chapman seems to have is that he can tell yellow from red and is willing to pay dues. But when you have the MLS office plus these union ref hacks, you get this crap. Really, I wish Alan Kelly was available but he's injured.

"The company loves its money.

If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Is this more common than I think, or should this be a fuckin scandal? I'd feel scammed watching a game where I knew the ref was intentionally breaking the rules.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Looked like our ref was unwilling to call a PK, when BWP was levelled in the box.  The hit on Peguy was more than a shoulder charge to me, but the ref did let a lot of physical play go, both ways. 

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Right, or to give offside on the RB "goal", or to hit Eckersley with yellow cards early on.

Face it, no matter what the refs do they're going to be criticized. People who say they shouldn't give red cards to big players because it "changes the game", congratulations, you got what you wished for. Those who argue refs "should put their whistle in their pocket" at the end of games, here, you got what you wished for.

As I've always maintained, the ONLY common sense way to referee a game is to set out the rules before hand, make sure everyone knows them and then enforce them consistently, regardless of the stage of the match or the player(s) involved. Period. The only qualification Chapman seems to have is that he can tell yellow from red and is willing to pay dues. But when you have the MLS office plus these union ref hacks, you get this crap. Really, I wish Alan Kelly was available but he's injured.

If the refs made the correct calls then they wouldn't be criticized by the majority.  There's always a couple of a clowns who criticize for anything, but the bulk won't criticize if the correct calls are made.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
It was a very physical game. Ref lost control of game several ugly fouls made by both teams went unpunished.

Rbny was also robbed on at least 1 pk call.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
Disappointed. Not Suprised. By not calling they are influencing game. I'm all for letting them play but this is too much.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The ref lost control early... and Henry probably could have been shown a red himself.... but the ref just ruined the game.  Not blaming him for the loss, but am blaming him for it being a shitty game.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

nlk10010

nlk10010

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Is this more common than I think, or should this be a fuckin scandal? I'd feel scammed watching a game where I knew the ref was intentionally breaking the rules.

That's precisely the problem:  No one knows the rules. The way things will be enforced on the field seems to be kept from the players, and then each referee (except the good ones) seem to overlay on that their particular brand of "common sense". Essentially it's a guessing game, coupled with trial-and-error, for players to find out what's allowed and what isn't. For example, it would be fine for Chapman to tell everyone:  "Boys, I'm calling it close today and won't hesitate to issue yellow or red", then do it. Or "Boys, I'm letting you play today" and then ref THAT way. But to do it the first way for some players and the second way for others, and then back off when that standard demands a red card because, maybe, he doesn't want to "change the game", is a joke.

"The company loves its money.

If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

beefyT

beefyT

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Supports:Taco Tuesday

It was such an ugly match to watch - the constant stopping, the lectures, the cards.  

MLS had a dream matchup on NBC yesterday and likely turned away a lot of fans. The horrific reffing really made us look minor-league

RedBullsFC

RedBullsFC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Supports:club: NYRB/////country: USA

It was such an ugly match to watch - the constant stopping, the lectures, the cards.  

MLS had a dream matchup on NBC yesterday and likely turned away a lot of fans. The horrific reffing really made us look minor-league

I went with a friend who was his first match, and he was shocked at how bad the officiating.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

MLS has a chance to fix this with their bullshit discipline committee.

Space Ghost

Space Ghost

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, RU

The biggest joke is the yellow card accumulation rules.  Roy Miller suspended for 2 matches in one game?  BWP suspended for what is essentially the final for such a bullshit yellow, a yellow that there no recourse for a protest?  I understand yellow card accumulation rule, but this is too short a fuse.  But if we're the only team thus impacted, I guess it's our fault??

For a season as bad as DCU has had, the USOC title is whipped cream on shit ~~ VOR II

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

i don't see how you can have this both ways.  the ref was already calling a lot of soft yellows. how did he "lose control of the game"? the alternative would have been handing out a few reds, which easily could have gone to JJ and TH14. If that were the case, people would be bitching that the ref "screwed the game by handing out reds".

the ref was a non-factor in our loss.  BWP did not need to do something (disturbing a keeper's distribution) that a 6 year old knows not to do.  BWP, Sam, Dax should have converted their shots from 6 yards out.  The ref is not the reason we lost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users