732 replies to this topic

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
LBJ must dream a little bigger than pickleball...
https://www.wsj.com/...eam-11664395128

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

They don't care about the value of RBNY.  They care about their global "system" value, and even if the fans don't enjoy the style they are not about to improve the team to suit the fans.  RBNY puts out a competitive team but there is no killer instinct in the front office to have the kind of winning team that an area like this will support by going to games.

cmack

cmack

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Supports:RedBulls/MetroStars

so how much longer until we realize we are nothing more than a farm team ?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

"We are not a farm team" - Jochen Schneider, 8/20/2022

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Stefan Schuette

Stefan Schuette

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Supports:New York
Hey,

Long time fan and my frustrations have finally boiled over. Made a video on how I feel about the Metros current state:

https://youtu.be/s5pxR9Ih3Aw

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

How much longer until we admit we are not good enough to be a farm team?  How many of players have suited up for another Red Bull team in all the years they have owned us?   Philly is as much an RB farm team as we are.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

How much longer until we admit we are not good enough to be a farm team?  How many of players have suited up for another Red Bull team in all the years they have owned us?   Philly is as much an RB farm team as we are.

I dont think folks would be upset if our front office was like philly. They have a balance, deep team.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
I won a jersey auction on Dash that the team had been promoting back on September 30th for the Superhero numbers.
The very first line in the information states someone will contact you within 1-2 days regarding shipping. Almost a month later and nobody contacted me. I'd be concerned, but this has become normal from RBNY FO. The last one took a few emails before getting a response. This go around most jerseys only had one bid and a couple jerseys didn't even get bid on.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Almost a month later and nobody contacted me. this has become normal from RBNY FO.

Similar to our efforts to obtain a striker?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

The very first line in the information states someone will contact you within 1-2 days regarding shipping. Almost a month later and nobody contacted me. I'd be concerned, but this has become normal from RBNY FO. The last one took a few emails before getting a response. This go around most jerseys only had one bid and a couple jerseys didn't even get bid on.

Maybe Denis Hamlett was responsible for sending your email and it got lost in the Kaku vortex

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

sounds about right.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Union game is filled with fans.  Maybe they have nothing better to do in Chester? 

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

Union game is filled with fans.  Maybe they have nothing better to do in Chester? 

It shows you what happens when you have ownership that cares. You fill up the building. Literally every team in the Philly region is doing amazing right now and the Union competes with that and they still fill up the stadium. Winning culture solves attendance issues. Our failures in the playoffs and open cup is now catching up to regular season attendance. The fan base doesnt care about the regular season any more. We are just good enough to make the playoffs and fail. So whats the point of the regular season.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Maybe they have nothing better to do in Chester? 

I doubt that many local residents are at the game.
Amazing how 18,000 people can find their way to a stadium in an absolute shithole of a city.
Nowhere to pre-game, no mass transit, crime-ridden.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

ownership that cares fill(s) up the building.
Winning culture solves attendance issues

Philly has had its problems, both on and off the field, but has taken successful steps to improve each.
RB is mediocre, and cannot seem to improve.
There are many excuses and no improvement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users