if they end up finishing the sports book sponsorship this makes the most sense

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Yeah I can maybe buy that but I should have been more clear and said that there is no way in hell that we average 20k a game. If we actually averaged that many people there would be no reason to close so many sections this year and do whatever these "upgrades" are.

If de Grandpre is going to say ridiculous things like this someone needs to ask him why 6-7k of that 20k sold/distributed number (if it's even true) refuse to show up for the entire season.

Does he believe thousands of casuals buy seats every game and don't show up? How about STH? Are there many thousands of those they ship gift packages to before the season starts, who then fail to appear at Red Bull Arena at all? He has to believe something along those lines if he is going to claim there the average is 20k.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
RB will not divulge its actual STH and partial-plan numbers, so any other claims it makes are suspect.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
He doesn't have to believe anything except the numbers he's given, those numbers back up his claims and neither he nor rb need to disclose those numbers to the public. I mean if MdG thinks everything is peachy at rba who are we to question him. His and rb goals are obviously different than those of the fans and we can't pretend rb is just a regular soccer team owner with love for the game.
Somehow what they're doing makes business sense for rb global and there's no need for them to waste energy getting extra 5k people in the stands, they'd rather experiment than do what others do and what's expected from a soccer team owner/gm. And why not since they just can't or don't want to fill up the arena, so make it a night out and not a soccer specific arena, I'm actually surprised there hasn't been any non soccer events at RBA, these upgrades might change that.

Fuck em both, the soda and the soda salesman.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

He doesn't have to believe anything except the numbers he's given, those numbers back up his claims and neither he nor rb need to disclose those numbers to the public.

So, self-delusion is OK for the FO?

surprised there hasn't been any non soccer events

You did not receive the lacrosse email?
There have been concerts and rugby as well.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

So, self-delusion is OK for the FO?

You did not receive the lacrosse email?
There have been concerts and rugby as well.

Have there been any concerts since Dispatch maybe 8 years ago?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

sweetman

sweetman

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Supports:RedBull NY, Arsenal

If de Grandpre is going to say ridiculous things like this someone needs to ask him why 6-7k of that 20k sold/distributed number (if it's even true) refuse to show up for the entire season.

Does he believe thousands of casuals buy seats every game and don't show up? How about STH? Are there many thousands of those they ship gift packages to before the season starts, who then fail to appear at Red Bull Arena at all? He has to believe something along those lines if he is going to claim there the average is 20k.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Have there been any concerts since Dispatch maybe 8 years ago?

There are so many real concert venues in this area already. That's probably more of the real reason that promoters don't bother with RBA. It's not worth the headache.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

but there will always be a shitload of int'l friendlies between clubs and nat'l teams. that's a good $$ maker for them. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

sweetman

sweetman

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Supports:RedBull NY, Arsenal
I wouldnt surprise me at all that 6-7k season ticket holders dont regularly attend. Ive been a season ticket holder since giants stadium days. I used to attend regularly, but now Im down to around 5 or 6 games per season. Ive gone from a single ticket to a family of 5, and with kids schedules even 6 games is pushing it. (Plus they dont do well with the cold, so March and November are out)

Honestly, though at this point I couldnt afford more games than that anyway. For the first few years at RBA resale was strong, so it didnt matter, it was basically free to me since I tended resell the higher value tickets (NYC LA and playoffs) attend less popular games. Last year was the first year I really took a bath on it. I probably attend around 6 games as usual, but I didnt even recover half of the season ticket cost. StubHub was terrible generally, and I seemed to have many more occasions where I was planning to and then couldnt like 3 hours before game time, a great way for getting $5 per ticket on resale.

Ive attended the seat relocation most years, and there are very few open seats near me. So it would seem that most of my section should be season or partial season, yet I dont seem to see many of the same people each time. The few I do see also seem to regularly resell based on my conversations.

Anyway, this was a bit long and rambling, but I dont care about the upgrades. Mobile ticketing is a pain to resell. Opt out only renewal, also in June instead of August. None of these changes seem particularly fan friendly, or good for me at least. Honestly, I understand that there are valid reasons why they would want me to stop buying season tickets. Its probably not good to have 25% of the stadium moved through StubHub every game. But add it all up, unless something changes by June where Im pretty sure Ill recover most of the season ticket cost, Im out this year.

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Supports:metro
I doubt they ultimately take out too many seats bc of the internationals. Also cant really imagine theyre going to deconstruct much of the upper deck. How do you do that without shutting down the whole stadium for months?

You would think theyd be showing renderings if there were actually major changes in the works.

It would make too much sense for this organization to do major work while the PATH wtc situation is already a mess... on some level Id understand if they did a Portland next year and started on the road for a few months and then played more midweek later in the year. At least that way youd have functional path for a few matches. Not like there are ever great crowds in March.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I think the biggest issue is the travel time. The city has too much construction which is creating a traffic nightmare. Plus, the mass transit system is falling apart. Sometimes I feel like if I walked from queens I would arrive to Harrison a lot quicker.

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Some very vague teasing at stadium changes in this article:  https://sbisoccer.co...endance-numbers

Every single one of these quotes is bullshit. MDG is so full of shit

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

MDG is so full of shit

I think that everyone knows that by now.
Including MdG himself.

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

I think that everyone knows that by now.
Including MdG himself.

So true. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users