116 replies to this topic

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Well, at least I'll see you at the Philly and Montreal (1x for me) games. How are you going to get to Montreal? PM/Text me about the July match.

I plan on doing the same for home matches as you. I think my discontent with the organization probably isn't as strong as yours, but I've had enough of the insanity to keep coughing money up.

There are still a lot of things I will defend them for, but then again you know this and I don't think we need to go down that line :lol: (at least until we are drunk again)

At the very least we need to have drinks at El Pastor and score the new signings from Brazil and Colombia again.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

At the very least we need to have drinks at El Pastor and score the new signings from Brazil and Colombia again.

You know the way to my heart.

The last time I saw her btw, I promised to hang out/call. Just never did :lol:

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts
And Montreal away is going to be epic

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,289 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

And Montreal away is going to be epic

Just as long as Sack fights with any Canadian with an Argentina jersey.

Bridgeview's stadium is meh. benches, no backs to seats. just a more done-up Crew Stadium

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Bridgeview's stadium is meh. benches, no backs to seats. just a more done-up Crew Stadium

There is a game? All I was thinking about was the women.....

What's your plan, when will I see you this year?

Edit: I apologize for derailing this thread

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Well, lets just say I take defending the USA flag more seriously that a Red Bull logo, so all argie canucks in Montreal are safe this year. :lol:

God, that was one hell of a trip, probably the bets roadie for soccer I have ever taken. U-20 World Cup 2007 in Montreal. So many great memories, so many crippled argie canucks. Best part was his buddy trying to shake my hand in the aftermath and me telling him to fuck off....he was so offended i could tell it stung him deep inside.

And of course we ran into him for breakfast the next day. Classic.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

ESCDetroit

ESCDetroit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
Chicago's stadium sucks. Also good thing about the Montreal game is that the comedy festival will still be going on.
These views do not represent ESC as a whole, just some jerkoff from Detroit.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,289 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Well, lets just say I take defending the USA flag more seriously that a Red Bull logo, so all argie canucks in Montreal are safe this year. :lol:

God, that was one hell of a trip, probably the bets roadie for soccer I have ever taken. U-20 World Cup 2007 in Montreal. So many great memories, so many crippled argie canucks. Best part was his buddy trying to shake my hand in the aftermath and me telling him to fuck off....he was so offended i could tell it stung him deep inside.

And of course we ran into him for breakfast the next day. Classic.

A trip for the ages.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,945 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Which Montreal game is the ESC trip being planned for? Anyone know/

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,475 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Here is where the real question lies. Is it better for:

B) The organization to price/turn off STH and hope that someone else picks up the slack

For me, raising prices didn't bother me in the lest. When they spent a lot of money building a new stadium, they worked really hard to keep the prices flat for season ticket holders. But they were honest to say that they were going to go up at some point. So now they're going up. For me it was expected. I'm happy to pay higher ticket prices and have the best stadium in the USA vs. lower prices and staying in Giants Stadium.

I've been to Toyota Park. Not bad at all, but yes...hard to find. I was lost and only a mile away and I stopped in a strip mall. No one there ever heard of the soccer stadium. Awesome.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Savarese17

Savarese17

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
I attended most games in 2011 with that 2 for 1 deal Harraby was nice enough to post a while back (don't knock his intentions, I paid $12.50 a ticket!) - today I go on the site to take some newbies along with me, and what a ridiculously confusing scheme. Zone 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 - the stadium seating colors lit up like a rainbow all over the place. Out of interest I decided to look at the partial plans - about 20 of them, along with the crazy 'blue, yellow, red' card. Then I "choose" a few plans out of nowhere, get different seats for different plans, it just seems that all the plans are an absolute mess. Keep it simple, stupid. And a three dollar fee for each individual ticket! Last year I paid 12.50 - one ticket, one print-out, that's it. I don't see how tickets will sell at this rate, probably bring a few people along for the opener then wait for the inevitable 2-for-1 deal password to hit.

Funny enough I was a beneficiary of the whole 'youth soccer free tickets' thing, when I grew up I went to most of those HORRIBLE games at Giants Stadium where we lost 75% of the time, but it was a great experience and here I am posting on MF even though they rebranded and turned into something I didn't fall in love with in the first place, aren't I?

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,787 posts
Friends are coming from the West Coast and wanted to see some events in good seats. I gave them four choices:

The Lion King - $220 per seat

Kings of Leon - $164 per seat

King Lear - $110 per seat

King Henry - $46 per seat

Guess which one they thought was reasonably priced? :lol:

C.O.Jones

C.O.Jones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Supports:CF Cadiz

Friends are coming from the West Coast and wanted to see some events in good seats. I gave them four choices:

The Lion King - $220 per seat

Kings of Leon - $164 per seat

King Lear - $110 per seat

King Henry - $46 per seat

Guess which one they thought was reasonably priced? :lol:

You know the NYRB Marketing Department will "borrow" your idea!

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

For me, raising prices didn't bother me in the lest. When they spent a lot of money building a new stadium, they worked really hard to keep the prices flat for season ticket holders. But they were honest to say that they were going to go up at some point. So now they're going up. For me it was expected. I'm happy to pay higher ticket prices and have the best stadium in the USA vs. lower prices and staying in Giants Stadium.

I've been to Toyota Park. Not bad at all, but yes...hard to find. I was lost and only a mile away and I stopped in a strip mall. No one there ever heard of the soccer stadium. Awesome.

Prices aren't keeping me away.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,787 posts

Prices aren't keeping me away.

Their stellar play tonight might keep you away. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users