488 replies to this topic

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

If this goes through, I think we'll regret it.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
SK produced for us even if you didnt love his style. Dont care if we had to alter formation for him since he produced.

If they get good $$$ and spend it Im ok with it. Id be ok with giving Adams CM or maybe paired with Keita 2nd forward.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

SK produced for us even if you didnt love his style. Dont care if we had to alter formation for him since he produced.

If they get good $$$ and spend it Im ok with it. Id be ok with giving Adams CM or maybe paired with Keita 2nd forward.

Its not so much we had to alter the formation to get him to be productive, its more we cant alter it again if the new formation doesnt work. Teams, especially those in the playoffs (not Chicago), have focused on and shut down Sacha. When that happens we cant really do anything else. I know we moved him in the second leg of the Toronto series, but it wasnt like that worked out great.

Also, hes 32. Hes going to drop off at some point. Better he does that in LA.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

Sacha set records, but do you really think he was bringing us closer to winning MLS Cup? Was he the reason you watched the team? I don't think losing him is a huge blow in terms of our likelihood to win.

That was less about Sacha leaving and more about the probability we are going to sit on the allocation money and do nothing with it.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
I'm still against this. I get why some people want him gone but he's still a damn good player and if the team goes out and gets an Henry level ability wise not name wise player then I guess it could be a positive.

I'm just worried we see him go, give bigger salaries to long taxi and Adams and sign another duka or something and we're still not any better XI than the year before.

I'm ok with the Dax trade cause Adams and Davis weren't that drastic a step down im just worried Sacha to whoever will be.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I like Stache, I would be ok with this perhaps if we actually go out and sign someone who people actually know and don't have to look for random YouTube clips to see how they are but I won't be holding my breath.

I guess we'll be trading away Robles after the 2018 season at this rate.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

if you subscribe to the same logic that brought us the Dax trade (i.e. that it's better to sell a player a year too early than a year too late), then this proposed Sacha trade is a great deal. He's already shown signs of regression in terms of his physical abilities. Plus, he hasn't really been putting in a good set piece in awhile. Hell, he can't even be counted on to take PKs anymore.

Personally, I was ok with the Dax trade assuming it brought us someone worthwhile. I don't know the ins and outs of the cap system or cap situation, so the jury is still out on that one. However, between the Dax money and the Sacha money (which is supposed to be even higher than the Dax trade), PLUS the increased TAM....there is 0 reason for us not to have a shiny new attacking playmaker to lead us next year.

We've tried with our backbone and they just can't get it done. Now, we get to see what the new school holds for us.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I am okay with this if we get a decent allocation.

We looked good when felipe, keita or Adams played that position.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Getting rid of Sacha without a replacement that instantly is as good as Sacha or better is a terrible idea..

If they were on the verge of signing a mvp level player than ok.. Fine.. But they aren't...

The reasons that some have bashed Sacha on here are ridiculous.. They must forget that they are watching MLS and not La Liga or EPL... He's head and shoulders better than the rest of his teammates when it comes to setting up plays.. They look beyond one dimensional without him...

Unless they signed on a guy like Edwin Cardona, or Hirving Lozano, Jefferson Farfan, Jorge Valdivia, or Matías Fernández, Lallana, Emre Can, Oscar, Alli, Cesc Fabregas, Joao Mountinho, Bernardo Silva...

Then no don't go through the deal..
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Keita isn't a replacement. Keita couldn't make the 18 on a regular basis and was unimpressive when he did get on the field.

They also just put him up for the draft too.

I think getting rid if Sacha is the right idea but like if others said, only if there is a better replacement available.

Felipe also isn't a replacement. He is an average bench level player.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls
On another note. Bwp better Step up and take the captain's armband!

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Keita isn't a replacement. Keita couldn't make the 18 on a regular basis and was unimpressive when he did get on the field.

I think getting rid if Sacha is the right idea but like if others said, only if there is a better replacement available.

Agreed that Keita would be a disappointing replacement, but we dont really know what he is yet. He was caring an injury for a long spell and thats why he wasnt in the 18 all the time. Also, he didnt see a lot of opportunities with our best XI. Most of his appearances can in makeshift lineups.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,800 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I guess we'll be trading away Robles after the 2018 season at this rate.

Only if they make him captain

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,800 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

We haven't gotten a real look yet at a healthy Keita. 

I agree, positionally, Felipe's not a replacement.  But he's far from a bench player.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Bwp better ... take the captain's armband!

Kiss of Death

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users