48 replies to this topic

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

MLS all star last year, current fixture for his national team at age 23. Hardly "buying low".

Sure it is. Hes in shit form right now. Someone made a comment why would anyone want to buy him? That would be the definition of buying low. Those accolades you mentioned are why I said that he would have interested buyers. However, hes a year older and hes been bad this year. His value surely may have taken a dip.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

We are simply not talented enough to give up our starters right now. Sure, Murillo has not performed his best this year, and had a couple of terrible games, but much like the rest of the team, he improved and is getting into form and is still our top two wing back. Also, we have to account entire last year's performance into consideration, where he was a deserving all star, and it is reasonable he will continue to get back into last year's form - the guy is just 23. We need to be adding talent at this point, not giving it away.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

We are simply not talented enough to give up our starters right now. Sure, Murillo has not performed his best this year, and had a couple of terrible games, but much like the rest of the team, he improved and is getting into form and is still our top two wing back. Also, we have to account entire last year's performance into consideration, where he was a deserving all star, and it is reasonable he will continue to get back into last year's form - the guy is just 23. We need to be adding talent at this point, not giving it away.

I agree completely

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Matthew Olosunde.released by Manchester United.

Would love for us to get him back in

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

would love him at RB (TAM player), move murillo to right mid (or sell him if he wants to go).

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Matthew Olosunde.released by Manchester United.

Would love for us to get him back in

saw quotes that he wants to stay in Europe specifically England.  :-(

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

https://www.transfer...ma/berater/4434

His agency has only one player not playing in England / Scotland.

Huge move for him, he needs to play which he would do here even at RB2

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Hmm... a right fullback who washed out at Manchester United... why does that sound so familar?

gaYpoVe.jpg

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

saw quotes that he wants to stay in Europe specifically England.  :-(

I dont get this. If he came to MLS, developed his game a little bit more, he could be playing in the epl or Bundesliga

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

would love him at RB (TAM player), move murillo to right mid (or sell him if he wants to go).

I would hope that we could do better for a TAM player than a 21 year old who's career highlight is traveling with the Manchester United first team twice.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

I would hope that we could do better for a TAM player than a 21 year old who's career highlight is traveling with the Manchester United first team twice.

Jorgensen says "Hi".
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Red Bull had to fight MLS tooth and nail to get Tim Parker a TAM contract, good luck getting them to shell out extra cash for this dude.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

I dont get this. If he came to MLS, developed his game a little bit more, he could be playing in the epl or Bundesliga

If he leaves Europe now to return to MLS it's not likely he'll get a return call to Europe, at least not at an EPL, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 level. He's better off playing in a lower level European league, earning regular playing time, honing his game and getting noticed by a larger team with a need to fill.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Nope. Signed with Rotherham in League One.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Nope. Signed with Rotherham in League One.

A relatively entry-level guy with Portland told me he has more connections to agents than Hamlett. He seemed serious about it.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users