59 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Wouldnt CCJ be gone as well with Venezuela?

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

last year he was with their u-23 squad. i am not sure if he's a regular on the full senior squad yet.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I think he was on the preliminary roster.  Don't know if a final one has been released.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

we may be without Kaku next game.
Paraguay has a qualifier 10/8

Would he have to quarantine upon return?
That could put him out until CHI on 10/24.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
I thought MLS was withholding players called up this window?

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I thought MLS was withholding players called up this window?

Can we allow Kaku to go regardless? Playing for Paraguay is clearly imports at to him and Id rather lose him for a handful of games this year than have him unhappy, like he was last year when his move didnt materialize, for the playoffs. Also, I think wed have a better chance to keep him long term with this gesture.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Can we allow Kaku to go regardless? Playing for Paraguay is clearly imports at to him and Id rather lose him for a handful of games this year than have him unhappy, like he was last year when his move didnt materialize, for the playoffs. Also, I think wed have a better chance to keep him long term with this gesture.

I dunno, Im going off half-remembered Twitter threads

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Any player, getting called up by their National Teams, should get the opportunity to represent their National Team. Current pandemic and quarantine rules aside, if Kaku gets called up, he should be allowed to go! I don't want a sulking Kaku again!

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA
Can't find it right now, but pretty sure Carnell said something about the corellation between Kaku playing better lately and getting called up in his post game interview on MSG. I thought it was a weird comment to make if they weren't going to let him go.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

if Kaku gets called up, he should be allowed to go!

Of course, but he could miss several RB games.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Of course, but he could miss several RB games.

Yeah but bigger picture, isn't a happy Kaku more important?

Do we have any realistic expectations for the rest of the season anyway?

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Any player, getting called up by their National Teams, should get the opportunity to represent their National Team. Current pandemic and quarantine rules aside, if Kaku gets called up, he should be allowed to go! I don't want a sulking Kaku again!

Of course... the discussion is precisely about the very present impact of pandemic and quarantine rules.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
https://www.nytimes....onal-teams.html

An alliance of leagues, Europes top club association and the worlds players union FIFPro held an urgent meeting with FIFA on Wednesday to discuss the issue of the next two international rounds of games, in October and November. The meeting ended without agreement. FIFA is expected to release its guidelines for player release soon.

The group presented FIFA with a document outlining the minimum requirements they felt would be needed for the release of players. The biggest concerns are over the South American round of World Cup qualifiers, which remain scheduled as planned

[...]

Under current rules, FIFA can ban clubs from fielding players who are not released for international action for five days, and can also open disciplinary proceedings that could yield further punishment.

[...]

On Friday, M.L.S. wrote to the Paraguay federation saying it would not sanction the release of New York Red Bulls attacker Alejandro Gamarra. In the letter, which was reviewed by The Times, the league cited health concerns should Gamarra travel to South America for Paraguays forthcoming games with Peru and Venezuela. It also said he would miss additional games upon his return to the United States. Also on Friday, M.L.S. wrote to Perus national federation, according to local reports, saying it would not release players for its national team games. Peru included seven U.S.-based players in its preliminary roster.

The South American confederation known as Conmebol has so far remained defiant in the face of requests to move its games. [...] Conmebol president, Alejandro Dominguez, has shown little appetite to make any changes to the format.

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
Not saying this applies to Kaku, but another interesting wrinkle in this whole saga...

https://mobile.twitt...625077055533057

"A source just told me that several affected MLS players dont want to travel and asked their clubs to send these letters."

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Yeah but bigger picture, isn't a happy Kaku more important?

Kaku's happiness is really only important if Kaku stays with the team at least another year, which given his want away nature is not guaranteed.   As the previous poster said, it is possible that they are actually doing what Kaku wants anyway.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users