24 replies to this topic

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Dyer dropped the news right as the lineup for tonight dropped.  Said that he was probably already going to get one regardless of shield win or playoff performance, and they're close to an agreement now.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
After that first leg and the worst most awful and catastrophic tactical fuck up in league history he should be fired into the goddamned sun for being such an idiot.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I predict a bunch of rational responses in this thread...

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I rarely ever have anything to say about coaches but I just don't care much for Armas. He's too rah rah rah for me. All talk but doesn't back it up.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
There were a litany of things that lead to this playoff exit and Armas decision to play defensively in Atlanta and to play 4 in the back at halftime down 3-0 was one of them.

Im torn. Armas was one of the people at fault for this exit but hes not the only reason we crashed out again.

That being said every little detail counts in the playoffs and hindsight 20/20 he was one of the details.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
I don't think he is the right guy for the job.

I mean if you are fine with winning the occasional shield but no MLS Cups, then stick with him.

But to me it's time to move on from the Marsch era. No more high press. No more 4-2-3-1 formation. Turn the page, find a new coach and try something different.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

I mean if you are fine with winning the occasional shield but no MLS Cups, then stick with him.

But to me it's time to move on from the Marsch era. No more high press. No more 4-2-3-1 formation. Turn the page, find a new coach and try something different.

Armas earned to stay as a coach. Supporter's Shield, MLS regular season points and win record, conference finals are good achievements. And to be frank even against Atlanta with the poor first game, if not for BS VAR overturned goals, we are through to the Cup. We need to give Chris another shot.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

Armas or no armas. We need talent. Enough of the over achievers. Time to bring in world class talent.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

if you are fine with winning the occasional shield

Jeez, this is stupid!
Armas coached a half-season and we won our Third Shield!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

But it was abandoning the press in the first leg that led to disaster. Watch that game late in the season at RBA, they looked like chickens with their heads cut off because of our press. The fact we abandoned that is one of life's great mysteries.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
My biggest problem with Armas this playoffs is that we went to Columbus with the goal of getting pub with a draw instead of going for away goals and it didn't work and then we preceded to go to Atlanta and did the same nonsense.

For that reason alone I would get rid of him. It made no sense to not press for goals in Atlanta when they mean more and it worked for us all year long. Just very frustrating to watch.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Wellp.. There goes another year of me not caring. 

Get all these Chicagon Fire assholes away.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
He should get a new contract based on the regular season performance.

The timing for "getting close to an agreement" right after his worst coaching performance of the year and right before our last-ditch attempt to save our playoff season is curious to say the least.

Hopefully he learns the playoff lesson and does better there next year.

Barcaredbulls

Barcaredbulls

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Cancelling 8 season tickets that I have had since Day 1 of RBA if this is true.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Cancelling 8 season tickets ... if this is true.

How likely is he to coach a full contract anyway?
Petke got a new contract and was fired.
Marsch got a new contract and quit.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users