220 replies to this topic

sos

sos

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Supports:da bulce

Maybe just give him a full season with RB2?

He's young enough where it makes sense.  I personally think he'll put up a hell of a scoring rate and then we'll have to elevate him next year.

He tore shit up last time with the baby bulls. I think he has proven to be more effective than Brandon Allen in the MLS, so hopefully getting a run of games helps him out.

What a weird time for the kid though: signed from Africa, a few games here and there (with goals) with a club winning games, then a demotion to the reserves, and then basically jettisoned to Europe to a team with an unstable coaching situation....and now back to square one.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

He tore shit up last time with the baby bulls. I think he has proven to be more effective than Brandon Allen in the MLS, so hopefully getting a run of games helps him out.

What a weird time for the kid though: signed from Africa, a few games here and there (with goals) with a club winning games, then a demotion to the reserves, and then basically jettisoned to Europe to a team with an unstable coaching situation....and now back to square one.

don't forget he was getting call ins from the Cameroon Nat Team and now he is not.  Hope the kid can rebound for himself and us!  

Maybe having another kid from Cameroon on the team will help.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

There's plenty of french speakers on the team, so it shouldn't be an issue. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Kinda prefer Abang over Robbie Findley.  Abang is young and has talent.  Needs some coaching up, how to hone his skills.  Findley, IMO, just sucks.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

They probably found one he's really 35... :)

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

They probably found one he's really 35... :)

We joke, but he did play in Cameroon's youth national teams.  Youth teams like that are where a lot of the age "discrepancies" have came from in the past.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

We joke, but he did play in Cameroon's youth national teams.  Youth teams like that are where a lot of the age "discrepancies" have came from in the past.

Remember, there was absolutely no record of an "Anatole Abang" before he trialed with us. And Rainbow FC is a notoriously shady organization (some Philly writer had a terrific write-up on it; it's not a club, it's an extortion funnel). I would bet A LOT that Abang is not really 20... and is not really named "Abang".

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Abang has so much raw ability.  Was inconsistent but I believe that should be expected with someone his age. (If his age is accurate anyway)

Big kid, good speed, and really skilled with the ball.

What he's got is size and athleticism, his skill on the ball and movement off it are what's seriously lacking. He's a bull in a china shop out there, he still needs to clean up his first touch and get on the same page as the rest of the team before I think he can contribute meaningfully.

I'd still prefer him to Allen as a late game target striker though, assuming we aren't gonna spend on a new one. A guy who can cause chaos in the box through sheer tenacity is something we're missing, and probably the only situation Abang would thrive in right now.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Remember, there was absolutely no record of an "Anatole Abang" before he trialed with us. And Rainbow FC is a notoriously shady organization (some Philly writer had a terrific write-up on it; it's not a club, it's an extortion funnel). I would bet A LOT that Abang is not really 20... and is not really named "Abang".

....what

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

He was great for us during that stretch in 2015 when he scored like 4 goals in 5 or 6 games.  And he nearly got us over the line and into MLS Cup against Columbus.  Not sure why things went south last season, but I am still bullish on Abang.  Think he has tremendous upside.  

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

As a lone striker I agree he lacks technique and awareness right now. But if its the kind of game where they're hitting longballs upfield to bypass the midfield, or have been reduced to hopeful crosses into the box (playoffs?!), Abang knocking the ball down for BWP to go poaching isn't a bad Plan C.

If Marsch had put him on earlier against Columbus I'm fairly confident Metro scores the other goal.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

If Marsch had put him on earlier against Columbus I'm fairly confident Metro scores the other goal.

Marsch making a tactical sub early in the second half, that's funny stuff.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

This might be the article you mean?

https://www.google.c...s?client=safari

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

His name's not George Stone, either. 

untouchables_09.png

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

This might be the article you mean?

https://www.google.c...s?client=safari

http://www.phillysoc...-of-rainbow-fc/

This is probably the one he's referring to, but OaM has a couple too.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users