500 replies to this topic

Stefan Schuette

Stefan Schuette

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Supports:New York

I hope they can keep Adams at least one more season...

But The FO has to add depth need at least two guys with speed that can play multiple positions wingers that can be wing backs... Also desperately need another goalscorer it can't be all on BWP... Love BWP gotta keep him but need a type of player that can either play centerfoward on a pinch or winger... I think next year is the year they have to win.. If they don't do it next year it's over for this core of BWP, Robles, Royer, Kemar, Adams and Long because guys will be too old to or will be sold

It's pretty much confirmed that Adams is leaving for Leipzig. Similar to how Berhalter is the next NT coach. There hasn't been an official announcement, but all the paperwork is already done.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

What? Adams is our best player, his job isnt to create shots. As soon as that final whistle blew, we were instantly a worse team because he had played his final minutes here.

He is a guy who is great at running around.
With Davis, RZA, Muyl, and apparently KaKu, how many guys in the midfield do you want that cant or wont shoot from distance? The game begged for some long distance shots, no one could deliver.

Enough of these supposed jack of all trades box to box guys. Get me a true #8 and a true #10 and then we can do some winning.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I'm pretty ok with Adams leaving, because Rza is a very, very good #6 and was wasted on the bench or in other positions.   I just want Davis to spend his entire off-season practicing shots from distance.   When he first started for us, he wasn't afraid to give it a go, but that's been lost, and something we desperately need.  

Is Valot the real deal?   Because that's the clearest need for an upgrade if he's not.   Despite Muyl's redemption, he still is never going to produce goals.  He has a Chuck Knoblauch/Steve Sax Syndrome brain fault when it comes to shooting.  

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

I'm pretty ok with Adams leaving, because Rza is a very, very good #6 and was wasted on the bench or in other positions.   I just want Davis to spend his entire off-season practicing shots from distance.   When he first started for us, he wasn't afraid to give it a go, but that's been lost, and something we desperately need.  

Is Valot the real deal?   Because that's the clearest need for an upgrade if he's not.   Despite Muyl's redemption, he still is never going to produce goals.  He has a Chuck Knoblauch/Steve Sax Syndrome brain fault when it comes to shooting.  

Bring in a talented winger and let Muyl, Ettiene, Ivan, Valot, fight for minutes.  Competition breeds quality.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

It's pretty much confirmed that Adams is leaving for Leipzig. Similar to how Berhalter is the next NT coach. There hasn't been an official announcement, but all the paperwork is already done.

At post-game presser, Armas was asked how Adams would do in Europe next year, and he didnt even try to poker face it with his answer. Said hes gonna do great.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA
This team is a juggernaut. We need to
fill a few holes, but we do not need a makeover. RB2 keeps supplying talent, but we to have to look to SA for offensive punch. Kaku was a good first step.

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal
Gone:

Adams, Collin, Redding, Ivan

Keep/Try to Keep:

BWP, White, Kaku, Rza, Etienne, Davis, Murillo, Long, Parker, Taxi, Robles, Merea, Valot, Duncan

Up in the air:

Royer, Muyl, Lade, Escobar

I think we need back up in the defense, whether we promote big Hass or buy someone. Something I realized last night was that the only people who can really make their own shots on this team are Royer/Etienne and Rza that one time. And it's not like Royer and Etienne are doing that all the time, in fact rarely ever.

Also obviously we need a foward cause 1 injury to BWP and our offense basically disintegrates, more so than last night even.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Adams is a goner.  As some pointed out, that's not even a question anymore.  Late in the Atlanta 2nd game and against Columbus, Armas smartly used him higher up the field because his special quality is his legs and the engine he has.  His pressing made this team a better team so I was so pissed when they bailed on using him there after one damn game where we lost.  

Royer has a place on my team.  THat dude battles and gives it everything.  He's also a pretty good finisher.   What we need is more athleticism on the right side.  Speed and athleticism.  Between ROyer and Muyl, they both aren't the most athletic so we look stiff and slow out there.  You can live with one of them being that way, but not both in an optimal world.   

I'd trade Etienne.  I don't think he's very good.  He's young enough where he should still have some value.  He also doesn't fit the team and the system well enough.  Not enough fight.  

Rza I'm a toss up on.  I can argue either way.

Gone: Adams, Collin, Escobar, Redding

Try to trade: Etienne (I'm more than OK selling Murillo too)

Keep: Parker, Long, Taxi, Kaku, Royer, Davis, Robles, Valot, Rza, Ndam, Muyl, Duncan, Mines

Don't care if Meara stays or goes.  Don't think Lauro is great in any way though.  

BWP is the biggest question.  Had a great season, but the guy is older.  He's going to crash when it comes to production and it's going to happen soon.  He's not going to be the first to fight off father time.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Valot went ice cold for awhile before his injury. For me bringing in a starting winger is the second highest priority behind keeping as much of that back four together as possible.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Team needs to spend legit money on a stud winger. Millions of dollars for a guy that is going to score and set up goals.

After that? If they think its at all possible that Murillo is leaving then they have go out and get a starting quality wingback. A stud. Because...
ONE: we cant count on Duncan fully recovering and we never got to see his true quality over a full season anyway.
TWO: we saw what losing a starting outside back did to the system.

Multimillion dollar outside mid. Starting quality wingback. Thats what we need.

The same thing we needed over the summer. FML.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Here is our current salary guide;

https://ibb.co/ZBrGDQ5

Screen-Shot-2018-11-30-at-11-30-46-AM.pn

There are some glaring examples of guys not performing to their salary and underperforming, and as someone who watched 90% of our USL matches I feel confident speaking about those guys as well.

I have no idea what Keita's salary being on this guide means, maybe we didn't pay him last year and it just counted as this year so no idea if we can use his 325k on other people.

I like RZA but I'm not 100% on using 800k on a guy like him, I don't think CCJ is ready to step up like Tyler did he needs a season of getting more time integrating so if RZA comes back its going to have to be a lot less. 

The elephant in the room IMO is Robles at 460k. I love him you love him, all time best GK but in a league all about value and Mera sitting on 120k with no a huge loss of skill. We could use that 350k to get someone of serious quality in this league, just a thought.

Collin on 450k, he's 1000% gone. Seems like a great guy with a love for this team and the game. Move him to coaching, I'm sure he's helped Parker and Long.

Rivas at 450k, again 10000% gone try to get something back but even just getting his salary off the books is huge.

Ivan at 250k, I would axe him but no way we do that after just picking him up. He's too slow a player and his technique is solid just everything seems slow motion. I don't think he will ever be left footed Royer.

Redding at 125k again gone, get something or just get rid don't care.

Adams 110k is probably going to be free.

Parker on 115 is going to need huge bump

Murillo on 88 huge bump not as big as parker and long but bump.

Long on 73, again huge bump similar to where Parker will be.

ABang on 68 should finally be gone, hopefully he goes somewhere functional just for his health and safety.

Those are just my opinions on guys who need bumps or cuts, but the guys that seem locks to go; Collin, Rivas, Redding, Abang alone save us 1,100,00 which is two players of Royers quality, add on RZA and adams which probably are gone were looking at 2,300,00 of salary saved going into next year which should be 2/3 top quality guys, but again keeping Long / Parker / Murillo is going to need huge salary upgrades which could take up 2,000,000.

The front office has a chance to make us even stronger next year without that much difficulty let just see how they do.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Parker's situation is still probably the biggest question mark. He's gonna want DP money, last we heard MLS wasn't gonna let us use TAM to pay it.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Anyone want to teach me how to insert pics lol...

I think visually seeing the salaries helps.

edit got it,

hope everyone checks it

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Thanks for the summary, really great info.

Essentially need to replace Adams with Rza's money and hope we are able to keep the back line guys with salaries of 500-700k or so. Additional high level guys at the wing or forward position will have to be new spending (hopefully DP money).

I think you don't try to save 200-300k at Robles' expense. Meara is decent but this is not a team-changing amount in any case, and losing a third captain in 3 years might a step too far. I'm all about getting value out of guys before they fall of a cliff but GKs stay good for much longer than outfield guys.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Cut
Collin, kutler, Redding, abang

Sell
Adams

January Camp decision
Rza (getting paid to do something that valot and benzecourt can do.

Mold
Escobar should be a defensive midfielder. I wanted him to be subbed in since he can let one RIP instead of rza.

Keep everyone else

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users