725 replies to this topic

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Bump because even though Barrera to Tigres UNAL looks like a done deal Luis Diaz and Orlando Berrío each could be bought up for less than what they spent on Kaku and both could play striker and winger and can score and are really fast and great in the 1v1...

Yay first post lmao...
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
Need more attacking options and clutch players... All I want for Christmas is Metro to sign Orlando Berrío and Luis Diaz and Macnelly Torres as a super sub and to split reg season time with Kaku all 3 would surely come to NYRB.. Berrío would come for DP wages and Atlético Junior would cash in on Diaz who is young and has small wages and Torres is without a club

I digress, I think Orlando Berrío is truly a perfect fit for what Metro and completely fills the void of what they need to finally win..just give the video a look
https://youtu.be/hkH3CMkc0bE
https://youtu.be/bP1ENP0mRro

Orlando Berrío, blinding speed on par with Gareth Bale and great in the 1v1 and most importantly can score and create chances.. He's won a Copa Libretadores and single handedly changed a series in the quarterfinals and got a clutch away goal in the final home and away series something that's been lacking...

even if he commands more he's worth it even if it's say $15-20

The guy is 27 isn't a flash in the pan has a track record for game changing, series changing goals

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Alessandrini dropped some cryptic messages on Instagram suggesting he's leaving LA. If you want a proven MLS attacking winger, you could do a whole lot worse than him.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Yes to Alessandrini please. Although not sure what we'd have to give up

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Big fan of Allesandrini but we need a soldier over there.  An extremely mobile, tireless player.  Those two wing spots are the toughest to play in this formation physically so we basically need a Muyl with more skill. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Big fan of Allesandrini but we need a soldier over there.  An extremely mobile, tireless player.  Those two wing spots are the toughest to play in this formation physically so we basically need a Muyl with more skill. 

With how Armas plays, I don't think pure hustle is as important as it was under Marsch. I would happily go for a guy who runs less than Muyl but can pitch in 15-20 combined goals+assists each season (Muyl's yet to surpass 10).

Sounds like it a misunderstanding with Allesandrini anyway, he's staying in LA.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

agreed...

I'm saying it has to be someone with speed and a lot of speed... And that can score and will to track back on D...
I will always continue to push for that mold of player...

I think Orlando Berrío and Luis Diaz and Macnelly Torres would get Metro the cup provided we can line up someone next to Sean Davis that will defend well.. And Torres though old is a Assist Machine ala El Pibe Valderrama... He's without a club, older probably would require high wage but not DP.. He would be a great super sub... Even a good starter for away matches..
Luis Diaz and Orlando Berrío are like rockets and both can play winger or striker and are clutch goal scorers which I find very rare... Berrío huge guy physically imposing and is a proven clutch players and is worth more than Kaku in my eyes but his clause was 5 million and Flamengo is stacked he would be sold if they were to offer Kaku or E. Barco type money...

Diaz is the Mini Orlando Berrío. Young, very fast and scored clutch goals in games that could have made or break es the season and he'll playing in two finals this week and next iirc... He gets low, super low wages and no one ever buys players straight from Colombia so his club will salivate at a $2-5 million fee

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Alessandrini dropped some cryptic messages on Instagram suggesting he's leaving LA. If you want a proven MLS attacking winger, you could do a whole lot worse than him.

Armas should be able to find away to make it work if we got him.  Proven beast in this league.  Given how dreadful their defense looked something like Escobar and cash would be good for them. 

That being said since out of league transfer fees don't go against your GAM/TAM when they are used for DPs if LA wants a lot of money, get someone else from outside the league so we preserve GAM/TAM

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
Alessandrini wouldn't be the worst choice..

Imo he isn't anywhere near the level of Orlando Berrío and Luis Diaz... Yet those guys aren't house hold names and very attainable...

Another guy I would consider if I was in this FO, is Alexander Mejía... Need a replacement for Tyler Adams.. Still on the right side of 30 or just turned 30, and isn't happy at his current club

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

5 random guys we should be looking at

Brian Mansilla - Racing

Matías Pellegrin - Estudianties 

Jarlan Barrera - Athlectico JR (might be too expensive)

Francisco Arancibia - Unevistidad Chile

Old buddy Juan Qunintenro - Porto (On Loan to River)

All could play RW or anywhere else in that front 3 and if we try hard enough can become this years Pussetto rumor!

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

Brian Mansilla - Racing

All could play RW or anywhere else in that front 3 and if we try hard enough can become this years Pussetto rumor!

I like all the choices... I thought Jarlan would be very accessible and his Tresquartista style vs Quintero deep lying midfielder style suits Metro better.. Rumors are that Tigres UNAL have pretty much signed him.. I like Luis Diaz that plays with Jarlan and Macnelly Torres that's without a club and similar to Quinteros style

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Brian Mansilla - Racing

Intriguing, played a lot of games. Maybe

Doesn't seem to play much, would be a project, imo

Will he be willing to hustle and play D, like Kaku has?

Doesn't seem to play much, would be a project, imo

Too pricey.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Dallas looks to be trading Urruti during the trade window on Sunday.

https://www.mlssocce...conference-club

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Dallas looks to be trading Urruti
https://www.mlssocce...conference-club

Where would he squeeze in, in the 4-2-3-1?
What would FCD want, besides money?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
I like Urruti I'd be happy with his addition...

I know the chances are slim but Edwin Cardona has been rumored to leave Boca Junior... They prefer Tevez and Zárate and Pavón and Sebastián Villa...

Boca Juniors is stacked.. Metro not as much.. He would instantly be a MLS MVP candidate here, very similar to Amado Guevara but imo better.. Much better goal scorer much stronger shielding the ball less of a flopper and slightly more willing to make an assist rather than go to goal.

Of course I want to add Macnelly Torres that is without a club and Farid Diaz older left back that was a lock down fullback something in 2016-2017 and help won a Copa Libretadores and was sold to a new club and his contract ran out with his new club and is a free agent

Oh yes and sign Orlando Berrío & Luis Diaz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users