725 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I would take Alessandrini in a second. I wouldn't take either Dos Santos brother if you offered them for free.

If they arent going to do the right thing and go get a multi million dollar attacking mid then yes...go get Alessandrini.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

I would take Alessandrini in a second. I wouldn't take either Dos Santos brother if you offered them for free.

Agreed. However I think the new Galaxy hierarchy will realize how big they fucked up by bringing in the Dos Santos brothers and try to offload them rather than Alessandrini who is someone who has actually produced for them. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=jw7Niq5aafs

When I said he's similar to Amado Guevara I only meant in respect to that he's a true CAM Imo..

He isn't lazy, he just is a different type of player than what many teams want they want Tyler Adams now Not Riquelme, Chino Recoba, Carlos Valderrama type guys.

He is a true CAM and would be a great fit. This would allow Kaku to play on the wings which would be more natural for him.

Cardona = Goals and Assists con is he isn't going to press like Adams.. But Pros are he scores, controls tempo of match, sprays the ball all of the field with high accuracy and can shoot and score from range with both feet. Cardona is much more proven CAM than Kaku. Sign him ASAP.
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
My wish list would be 4 very accessible and realistic signings...

Edwin Cardona, Orlando Berrío, Luis Diaz and Macnelly Torres.

Edwin Cardona he'll probably require 7-8 million transfer but is a Clint Dempsey level impact on matches but playing style similar to young Juan Roman Riquelme can play as a CAM, on the flanks or FW. Orlando Berrío which also would be the same transfer fee maybe Kaku type transfer at most but is a Almiron level player. Can play any Front 4 position in 442 or even any front position in 4231.Luis Diaz would probably be a 3-5 million transfer also similar to Almiron in style, can play on either flank or as a Striker.
And Macnelly Torres, similar style to Valderrama, assists machine, could play CAM or CM club, free transfer.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Cardona's too expensive. Berrios and Torres are too old. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Luis Diaz it is then. ;)

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

Cardona is better than Diego Valeri and Ignacio Piatti and would have that kind of impact and he's cheaper than Kaku... Orlando Berrío is younger than Royer he just turned 26, I think you're confusing him with Luis Carlos Ruiz or something... and Torres wouldn't be a DP he'd be a spot starter and super sub. He's without a club and he'd be a free transfer.. If you're going by what we already have seen in MLS these moves are possible and have been done by other teams.. They're also safer bets with more potential then MLS have seen.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Cardona is ...cheaper than Kaku... 

No he's not

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
I'm sure at this point Monterrey will take less than $6 million... They want him off the books and he doesn't want to go back... Yet GBS hardly uses him sometimes he doesn't even make the bench because they're so stacked.. How stacked do you have to be that Tevez comes off the bench..

They wanted $7 million from Boca and Boca said no. So he's expected back in Mexico but he's desperate to go somewhere else where he can be "the guy"... He'll probably push a deal through...

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

Gonzalo Veron spotted in Manhattan near immigration with a manila folder of papers.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Gonzalo Veron spotted in Manhattan near immigration with a manila folder of papers.

Was that the real Veron, or the Poor Man's Veron, Andreas Ivan?  :D

Tymatt

Tymatt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls/MetroStars
Still will be a dream if the Red Bull’s go after reinhold yabo the rich mans marc rza at rb Salzburg. Guy can play just about every position in the midfield and I’m not joking when I say that, especially if you go look at his logs for the 17/18 and 18/19 seasons not to add he’s only 26. I like the mentions of Luis Diaz and mansilla considering these are guys I think we could actually afford. Alessandrini I have my doubts the galaxy move him and even if they do I think it wouldn’t be to us probably would go back to France. If we did get someone like cardona I wonder if kaku would go out to the wing like he did at huracan. But yeah this team certainly needs something new in the attack perhaps I’d argue a dp and another player of tam quality to go with them. Yabo as 3rd signing and Salzburg loanee would just be icing on the cake. If we couldn’t get yabo I think another player on Salzburg in enock mwepu would be perfect also 20 years old still a prospect but has played in the first team this year and can play anywhere in the midfield also.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

was he with Luke Rodgers?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
https://m.futbolred....y-mercado-91478

Luis Diaz from the newly crowned champion Atlético Junior is rumored to be leaving Junior and his agent said there's an offer from MLS.. I hope it's from NYRB

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

was he with Luke Rodgers?

Doubtful. Luke Rodgers skips immigration...
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users