175 replies to this topic

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
  • Supports:Metro

It's also in red bull's interest to overpay since this is a way to increase the cap (garber bucks) without using DPs.

GAM is capped at 750k for transfers.  Anything else is just money that has to be used for soccer-related expenses.  Training upgrades, etc.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

GAM is capped at 750k for transfers.  Anything else is just money that has to be used for soccer-related expenses.  Training upgrades, etc.

But that's pretty soft.    Whatever they had planned on spending for facilities and stuff they can now spend on salary, at least to some extant.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

It's also in red bull's interest to overpay since this is a way to increase the cap (garber bucks) without using DPs.

That would obviously help NYRB but hurt Leipzig. Leipzig can only spend up to a certain amount for transfers/wages because of FFP. If they overpay for Adams by X to improve NYRB's books, that means they are lowering their remaining transfer budget by X. Would be nice, but I would definitely not count on it.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

That would obviously help NYRB but hurt Leipzig. Leipzig can only spend up to a certain amount for transfers/wages because of FFP. If they overpay for Adams by X to improve NYRB's books, that means they are lowering their remaining transfer budget by X. Would be nice, but I would definitely not count on it.

Wait, theres a limit on transfer fees? Thats news to me...

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts

Wait, theres a limit on transfer fees? Thats news to me...

Not exactly, but UEFA FFP rules say (basically) that teams can't spend more on wages and xfer fees than they take in.   

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

Father Ted

Father Ted

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Not exactly, but UEFA FFP rules say (basically) that teams can't spend more on wages and xfer fees than they take in.   

LOL.  Tell that to PSG, Man City etc.

But really, Tyler Adams transfer fee should be $10M.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts

LOL.  Tell that to PSG, Man City etc.

But really, Tyler Adams transfer fee should be $10M.

https://www.theguard...vestigation-psg

https://www.theguard...als-der-spiegel

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

Have to think Adams has a higher chance of success than most given where he is going and familiarity with the system

Given his position and what he'll be asked to do, he should be quite successful. He's an elite ball winner with a tremendous motor. It's when he is asked to play more of an attacking style is when there are questions.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

Really, fuck these Oil Rich motherfuckers. Almost $600 million on 4 PSG players? Thats like 3 Red Bull Arenas. While it sucks to be named after an energy drink, at least Red Bull make their money through capitalism albeit with some sustainability issues.

Cant understand how people can root for these teams. Qatar is on par with Saudi Arabia as par as human right violations go and the world just watches.

Father Ted

Father Ted

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

I hope it really happens!

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Really, fuck these Oil Rich motherfuckers. Almost $600 million on 4 PSG players? Thats like 3 Red Bull Arenas. While it sucks to be named after an energy drink, at least Red Bull make their money through capitalism albeit with some sustainability issues.

Cant understand how people can root for these teams. Qatar is on par with Saudi Arabia as par as human right violations go and the world just watches.

Lots of dead Nepalis going into the construction of that World Cup.

tk421

tk421

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

https://www.onceamet...ulls-bundesliga

Bild reported the Adams move to RBL - the first confirmed RBL foray into the winter transfer market - was a free transfer almost as soon as the deal was officially announced.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts

https://www.onceamet...ulls-bundesliga

I'm surprised the league would allow this.   Its actually better for us that Austria takes whatever money they would have given in xfer fees and just send it straight as cash for DP wages.   Of course, some here will assume that they give us no xfer fee AND  give us no cash for wages, but I'm surprise the league would give use the opportunity to game the system like that.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Asked directly if there was a transfer fee involved, RBNY’s sporting director responded with a smile, “Yes.”

I'm having trouble believing Hamlett would outright lie like that.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

When was Tyler contract up - isn't it usually 3 years with 1-2 years club option.  Didn't he sign in late 2015 which would bring him to now? 

Did they just not exercise his option?

Maybe they did so with the understanding that Tyler and agent would get paid and they would get $$$.

Hard to believe MLS who is the contract holder would be ok with that because it is bragging point for them

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users