1178 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Yes. Do we have any academy kids instead of lade??

A few kids outside of Duncan and Yanes. Kevin O'Toole, Marcelo Borges, Jared Juleau and a very young Amir Daley would be the top prospects.

Chris Gloster (Hannover 96) and Noah Powder (Orange County SC in USL) would have been nice additions.

We depleted our USL outside backs:
Ethan Kutler started most games with Lucas Stauffer backing him up. Allen Yanes locked down the left back role with Niko de Vera and Lucas Stauffer stepping in. Andrew Lombard was such a hot prospect a handful of years ago, but injuries have knocked him out of any consideration.
Every one of those guys is no longer with the team (although Yanes will likely sign a first team deal).
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

purojogo

purojogo

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Supports:Metro, US, Peru, U
I see metrofanatics homepage already has the date as the 20th .. is that a sure thing ? Trying to see whether I should book for the start or the end of the week ...

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I see metrofanatics homepage already has the date as the 20th .. is that a sure thing ? Trying to see whether I should book for the start or the end of the week ...

It's not. It's 19, 20, or 21.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

I wonder if the changes about one game play-offs and earlier start of the season are true, and if so when will reg season start? We should be easily advancing to QF, but on March 5th it will be a strong Mexican team in its mid season. Would be good to have some regular season games played by then.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Well at least it's a chance to win a title....

But let's be realistic it's draining and must have repercussions when guys reach the mls playoffs...

I think they need to add a true left fullback to not burn out Kemar so early and they have got to add at least three mids two of which that can also play other positions namely winger or striker..

Duncan did well before he got hurt - hopefully will be back in Feb. As far as it being draining - the whole tournament is over in April, there will be plenty of time to rest some of the guys in less meaningful regular season before play-offs. This tournament is very prestigious. Tough to qualify, but once you are in, there are only hand full of games. If Metro can pull this one off, this would be really historic for MLS.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

We can't pull of a USOC win against mighty phillys and shit and you guys have some belief that we can win a continental tournament that will start before our season, with this team/coach. Dreams are nice but damn it's as if we just didn't suck hard in our main competition mls cup playoffs. And I even keep hearing how we were unlucky and weren't outplayed, man we're delusional. But hey keep on dreaming!

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

We're a really good team with continuity and a system that works.  If we just man up, stick to what makes us successful, and execute the game plan, we are going to win one of these effing tournaments one of these years.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,139 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

We can't pull of a USOC win against mighty phillys and shit and you guys have some belief that we can win a continental tournament that will start before our season, with this team/coach. Dreams are nice but damn it's as if we just didn't suck hard in our main competition mls cup playoffs. And I even keep hearing how we were unlucky and weren't outplayed, man we're delusional. But hey keep on dreaming!

To be fair, we were probably closer to winning the CCL then any other trophy.

But the overall point about bedshitting still remains

It would probably help to play our pressing game instead of sitting back on the road

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

You can't get over bed shitting if you're sleeping on the floor...we need to continue to make the playoffs and qualify for CCL if we're ever going to bury these demons

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

You can't get over bed shitting if you're sleeping on the floor...we need to continue to make the playoffs and qualify for CCL if we're ever going to bury these demons

Gotta be in it to win it so at least we made it.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

If Metro can pull this one off, this would be really historic

Mighty big If.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

We're a juggernaut. We have the best organization. Our reserve team keeps sending us gifts. I hate to say this because it is going to get me a lot of blow back and criticism, but not winning MLS Cup in a way keeps making us better as we keep striving to improve.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

not winning MLS Cup in a way keeps making us better

So, our history of complete failure in the playoffs from 1996-2017 was the reason why we had the best MLS regular season ever, in 2018?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

So, our history of complete failure in the playoffs from 1996-2017 was the reason why we had the best MLS regular season ever, in 2018?

Maybe next year we'll manage to get to the final and then make sure to lose that to keep us humble, on a never-ending upward trajectory of failure.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

best case, this game against Atletico Pantoja gets scheduled for Feb 21 (Thurs). 

• Early morning Thurs flight to DR (per online accounts, this game would not be played in santo domingo, but rather Santiago in the north).
  • Game Thurs evening
  • Drive or cab to Puerto Plata after the game
  • Party/beaches - Thurs/Fri/Sat
  • Fly home Sunday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users