1178 replies to this topic

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

We'll win by 1 in DR then Tie at home conceding an away goal, and bow out...  W Connection all over again.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos

We'll win by 1 in DR then Tie at home conceding an away goal, and bow out...  W Connection all over again.

🤔wouldnt we win in that scenario?

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

🤔wouldnt we win in that scenario?

Dont stop him, he is on a roll.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

i think we'll do ok in that round, but the rest of the way will be LigaMX/MLS teams, i'd assume. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Dont stop him, he is on a roll.

I think he means tie on aggregate   NVM

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

One would hope MLS is past the point of losing to teams like W Connection. Don't forget the 2009 RB team was a very special bunch. 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

One would hope MLS is past the point of losing to teams like W Connection. Don't forget the 2009 RB team was a very special bunch. 

We are. The gap between the CFU and the rest of Concacaf has gotten a lot wider in the last decade. Portmore United advanced on penalties from the first round of this year's Concacaf League, and then got beaten in both legs against Motagua. Before that, no Caribbean team had won either a knockout tie (not preliminary round) or advanced out of a group since Puerto Rico did both in 2008-09.

I know people here have nightmares about losing in knockout matches we have no business losing, but Caribbean teams have been uniformly awful for a decade. It shouldn't even be close.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

55 days till the 1st leg

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

anyone going? if this had been Thurs Feb 21 i would have been all over it (only 2 days off work)...but since it's Wed Feb 20, would have to take 3 days off to make it a worthwhile trip

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

anyone going?

Any chance of a group?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I've seen a number of people on twitter say that they're going to try to go.  Unsure how many are serious about it. There will definitely be a handful at least.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

1TeamInNY

1TeamInNY

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, USWNT

I plan to be there. I booked a flight to the DR. Not sure how I'm getting to Santiago or how to purchase tickets to the match, but I guess I'll figure that out. Hope to see other supporters there.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
30 days till the first leg

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

First come, first served bullshit again for Red Member tickets. Always a hassle for L Train and me to get seats together even though our season tickets have been next to each other, like forever.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

First come, first served bullshit again for Red Member tickets. Always a hassle for L Train and me to get seats together even though our season tickets have been next to each other, like forever.

in the past, i've contacted my rep and had her reserve both my ticket and my buddy's ticket (we are in the same situation as you - we have separate accounts, but sit next to each other on gameday).  even though we have 2 different reps, my rep has had no problem reserving both of our seats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users