33 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

The Knicks ... Hopefully ... end up with ... Zion. 

14% chance at best for first draft pick:
http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

14% chance at best for first draft pick:
http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

Not likely, but they should have as good of a shot as anyone. Fortunately, they are highly unlikely to end up outside the Top 5. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

not a KP fan

This will not help change your opinion:
https://nypost.com/2...taps-porzingis/

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
Nets are in the playoffs! 🍻
Will finish 6th or 7th. One more to play.
6th would match up with the Sixers.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
Knicks get the 3rd pick. Awesome.

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

even when the knicks tank correctly, they still don't get the #1 pick.  i would have been happy with #2 (Ja Morant is probably going to be the better pro between he and Zion, IMO), but at #3 what options do they have? i'd rather they just trade down....another lost year for the knicks.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts

even when the knicks tank correctly, they still don't get the #1 pick.  i would have been happy with #2 (Ja Morant is probably going to be the better pro between he and Zion, IMO), but at #3 what options do they have? i'd rather they just trade down....another lost year for the knicks.

I don't follow college ball at all, so I'm just regurgitating opinions I've heard. Sounds like RJ Barrett belongs firmly in the conversation of the Top 3, then there's a clear gap between them and everyone else. 

What complicates things is that New Orleans, of all teams, surpisingly landed the #1 pick. It sounded like that if the Knicks got the #2 or #3 pick (maybe even #1), a trade for Anthony Davis was a potential option. Who knows how them landing the #1 pick will change things. 

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador
In a perfect world, since AD wants out of New Orleans anyways, the Knicks trade their number 3 pick to NO (and another pick just because) for AD. Knicks get a game changer and it may attract others like Kyrie and KD. Probably won't happen but sounds pretty cool.

LONG LIVE METRO

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts

In a perfect world, since AD wants out of New Orleans anyways, the Knicks trade their number 3 pick to NO (and another pick just because) for AD. Knicks get a game changer and it may attract others like Kyrie and KD. Probably won't happen but sounds pretty cool.

The problem with trading for AD is that theyd need to gut their entire roster and ship them to New Orleans in order for salaries to line up, if the plan was to also sign 2 max FAs and create their version of the Big 3. Unfortunately, they couldnt just ship out draft picks and still acquire the other 2.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

That certainly would be nice for the Knicks, but NO can get significantly more than RJ Barrett and future picks from other teams around the league.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts

That certainly would be nice for the Knicks, but NO can get significantly more than RJ Barrett and future picks from other teams around the league.

The Knicks would probably have to give up Knox, Robinson, DSJ, and any other depth piece of value, plus the #3 pick, plus future firsts in order to satisfy New Orleans and match up salaries.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

The Knicks would probably have to give up Knox, Robinson, DSJ, and any other depth piece of value, plus the #3 pick, plus future firsts in order to satisfy New Orleans and match up salaries.

Right. And offers by e.g. Celtics and arguably Lakers would still arguably be better.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts

Right. And offers by e.g. Celtics and arguably Lakers would still arguably be better.

Probably. I'm in the camp that wants them to stand pat and just sign (hopefully) KD and Kyrie anyway. 

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
When the Lakers, Grizzlies, and Pelicans all moved up and there were still a few teams to go, I had resigned myself to getting the 5th pick. Landing in the 3rd spot was a relief. I understand the disappointment of not getting Zion, but this could have gone much worse.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
Party time in Toronto!
https://www-m.cnn.co...://www.cnn.com/

https://nypost.com/2...ans-scrambling/

https://www.espn.com...rade-police-say

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users