277 replies to this topic

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Club America in Mexico is looking to bring in a piece or two from MLS.  Rumor has it, Atlanta's Villalba and Kaku top their list.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Club America in Mexico is looking to bring in a piece or two from MLS.  Rumor has it, Atlanta's Villalba and Kaku top their list.

Simonian will shut that talk down.

Tymatt

Tymatt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls/MetroStars
I really hope we don’t sell kaku, he’s liking club America tweets. I think I’m going to be sick.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

I really hope we dont sell kaku, hes liking club America tweets. I think Im going to be sick.

But when he's sold just think of what a difference maker Leipzig will be able to acquire with that money!
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Some Mexican tabloid is claiming this morning that the Kaku to Club America deal is progressing

Right Back

Right Back

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Interests:RedBullOut
  • Supports:Metro, RedBullOut
Kaku noooooo

#RedBullOut

Rats get fat, good men die.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

If this deal happens. Its plainly obvious that we have become a team that is interested in developing and selling players instead of winning.

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

So what's our MF going to look like without Kaku and Tyler?  Who we bringing in?

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

For those worried about Kaku being sold - here's an interesting Twitter thread from Tutul Rahman on it. Long story short, Club America would have to set their transfer fee record in order for NY to make a profit and NY is in no rush to sell.

https://twitter.com/...152825833484288

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Yeah, I'm really not concerned about this happening. It would take a silly money bid from America, at which point the team would have enough in the bank to sign. very solid replacement.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Yeah, I'm really not concerned about this happening. It would take a silly money bid from America, at which point the team would have enough in the bank to sign. very solid replacement.

Yes, we'd have the dough, but one hopes that Kaku will be better this year. If you keep swapping players too often the team never creates the level of understanding among players that can make the difference between going all the way or not.

There will always be change, but you don't want excessive turnover, especially in such an important role.

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Yes, we'd have the dough, but one hopes that Kaku will be better this year. If you keep swapping players too often the team never creates the level of understanding among players that can make the difference between going all the way or not.

There will always be change, but you don't want excessive turnover, especially in such an important role.

That's absolutely true, but if a club comes in with a $10 million plus offer, how can you turn it down?

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Becoming a selling league (and team) doesn't mean selling at first and every opportunity. They've held their ground on Lawrence, Davis, and Murillo, and people seem to forget that the club offered Miazga a massive raise to stay with the team instead of departing for Chelsea. Even with the most cynical view, it makes zero sense for RBNY to sell Kaku now unless the offer is impossible to turn down. They trust their system and have to know that a full season where he's acclimated plus CCL and international appearances will only boost his value. Selling now makes no sense. 

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
That's also true, but even a $10 million bid would still be the third largest transfer in MLS history. I don't think that the FO should accept $10 million, but if they bid $12 or $12.5, I can't see how they could turn it down.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

So what's our MF going to look like without Kaku and Tyler?  Who we bringing in?

Our offense would be Davis, CCJ, Valot Royer and BWP with Muyl, Etienne and Epps battling it out for the final spot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users