277 replies to this topic

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Reporters are saying that America wants him for 6-7.  No way unless Kaku forces it.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Reporters are saying that America wants him for 6-7.  No way unless Kaku forces it.

What did RBNY pay for him?  Around $6 million?  So if this is really what America is offering then RBNY barely makes a profit off of him, and they are losing a key piece.

If America is firm at 6 - 7 and isn't willing to increase the bid by a lot, there's nothing to this.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

What did RBNY pay for him?  Around $6 million?  So if this is really what America is offering then RBNY barely makes a profit off of him, and they are losing a key piece.

If America is firm at 6 - 7 and isn't willing to increase the bid by a lot, there's nothing to this.

Dont remember the exact number, but it was around 6 plus Huracan has a sell on clause. Anything less than 9-10M is pretty much a loss.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Dont remember the exact number, but it was around 6 plus Huracan has a sell on clause. Anything less than 9-10M is pretty much a loss.

MLS gets their cut too. Which also begs the question, did they pitch in for the transfer fee?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

MLS gets their cut too. Which also begs the question, did they pitch in for the transfer fee?

Not how it would work.   "If a Designated Player is transferred or loaned, the club will receive all amounts of the transfer or loan fee revenue until it has recouped all of the out-of-pocket cash payments made by the club in connection to that player prior to any sharing arrangement with the league. "

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Not how it would work.   "If a Designated Player is transferred or loaned, the club will receive all amounts of the transfer or loan fee revenue until it has recouped all of the out-of-pocket cash payments made by the club in connection to that player prior to any sharing arrangement with the league. "

Interesting, I wonder if that includes both the initial transfer fee and salary? If its just the transfer fee, that only means that Red Bull is only guaranteed the first ~$6M of the outbound transfer. MLS does get its cut of anything past that.

• If a Designated Player is transferred or loaned, the club will receive all amounts of the transfer or loan fee revenue until it has recouped all out-of-pocket cash payments made by the club in connection to that player prior to any sharing arrangement with the League. After such recoup, the transfer or loan of the Designated Player shall be treated as any other transfer with the club receiving three quarters (3/4) of the corresponding transfer or loan fee revenue.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Interesting, I wonder if that includes both the initial transfer fee and salary? If its just the transfer fee, that only means that Red Bull is only guaranteed the first ~$6M of the outbound transfer. MLS does get its cut of anything past that.

• If a Designated Player is transferred or loaned, the club will receive all amounts of the transfer or loan fee revenue until it has recouped all out-of-pocket cash payments made by the club in connection to that player prior to any sharing arrangement with the League. After such recoup, the transfer or loan of the Designated Player shall be treated as any other transfer with the club receiving three quarters (3/4) of the corresponding transfer or loan fee revenue.

"all of the out-of-pocket cash payments made by the club in connection to that player" would indicate it includes all wages above the league max,.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Tell them to fuck off

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
I could see it. Lets sell all our good players. We are due for a sup-par season anyway, as we have been killing it 3 years straight.

Hell, no one would be let down by missing out on MLS cup afterall.

Also, this rumor does appear to be true. I found an actual news story from Bein Sports.

https://www.beinspor...ba-and-/1088483

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

I could see it. Lets sell all our good players. We are due for a sup-par season anyway, as we have been killing it 3 years straight.

Hell, no one would be let down by missing out on MLS cup afterall.

Also, this rumor does appear to be true. I found an actual news story from Bein Sports.

https://www.beinspor...ba-and-/1088483

You can have interest but not the right amount of cash. That article says nothing of value. I am sure the Red Bulls have interest in lots of players they can't afford.

If the article said "Club America has put in bids for..." I would grant it as something to pay attention to.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
I am afraid he is going to agitate for the move because he sees it as career advancement.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Huracan has a sell on clause.

Does that former agent still claim to own a piece?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

Does that former agent still claim to own a piece?

Don't think so. Kaku fired him, and he surely couldn't claim that he had any part of this potential move.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
If they offer 12m. Sell.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

If they offer 12m. Sell.

well, they got $14 million to play with. Per MLS website:

Mexico City giants Club América recently sold talented young winger Diego Lainez to La Liga club Real Betis for a reported $14 million transfer fee, and charismatic manager Miguel Piojo Herrera has apparently identified Kaku as a suitable replacement for Las Aguilas.

https://www.mlssocce...er-kaku-gamarra

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users