204 replies to this topic

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

The transfer window only restricts players coming in, not players leaving.

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Obvious signing intended to placate the Viking Army, and nothing more.

Excellence Not Expectations

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Intriguing. I wonder if he only plays striker or if he could take shifts on the wing. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

On the surface this looks like a similar move that we made to bring in Casseres, with the kid's resume I'd be surprised if they have him in mind for the first team this year.

He has played 15 times and scored two goals in the top Danish league.  That gives him a better resume than Casseres when he joined and a better resume than any of our strikers except BWP and Abang.  I think this kid will go straight into the first team.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

He has played 15 times and scored two goals in the top Danish league.  That gives him a better resume than Casseres when he joined and a better resume than any of our strikers except BWP and Abang.  I think this kid will go straight into the first team.

Ok great. Casseres was never a FW prospect. So in the past two cycles, Red Bull has done nothing to augment our offense, besides hedging their bets on BWP being an unbreakable scoring machine.

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
The problem is that you can't get a proven striker to come here to back up BWP.

Guldbrandsen went back to Salzburg and played great. He was certainly good enough for MLS, but didn't want to stick around to be BWP's backup.

I've wanted an 'Alan Gordon' backup for awhile, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards. If you don't go that route, you have to go for young prospects who might be able to take over for BWP down the road. I know nothing about this guy, but it seems like he has a lot of upside.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
[Dyer] "Heard this weekend about #RBNY having interest in Mathias Jorgensen. Can confirm that club has scouted him & has high level of interest. Player is en route to NYC/NJ. Also, no contract has been finalized...yet. Also, it is a transfer, not a loan. I expect the deal to get done."

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I really want to be be way more excited about this than I am.    Who will have a bigger year.. Mathius, or Mitrita?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Name is Mathias Jørgensen (Mathias Jörgensen)

Will have to be known as The Other Mathias Jorgensen:
https://www.mlssocce...thias-jorgensen
https://en.m.wikiped...thias_J?rgensen

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

I really want to be be way more excited about this than I am.    Who will have a bigger year.. Mathius, or Mitrita?

I mean Mitrita cost like 10 million and is supposedly the best player in the entire Romanian league. Jorgensen is gonna be what 1 million if that and has played 15 times professionally.

I'm not against this move but im still waiting for us to dump ivan and bring in a attacking RW of top quality.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

I mean Mitrita cost like 10 million and is supposedly the best player in the entire Romanian league. Jorgensen is gonna be what 1 million if that and has played 15 times professionally.

I'm not against this move but im still waiting for us to dump ivan and bring in a attacking RW of top quality.

Keep waiting... :wacko:

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Keep waiting... :wacko:

Yeah, there is absolutely no indication that that will happen.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Yeah, there is absolutely no indication that that will happen.

Why?

We brought in Kaku, Royer, we brought in Ivan at 300k. Turns out hes trash, I think we will make another Ivan/Royer level.

Im not saying Henry.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Why?

We brought in Kaku, Royer, we brought in Ivan at 300k. Turns out hes trash, I think we will make another Ivan/Royer level.

Im not saying Henry.

I do not think they have yet concluded that Ivan is trash and needs to be replaced.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Ivan didn't see a lot of playing time, but it's troubling that he (and Rza) couldn't get on the field during the big games down the stretch last season. They were not near the top of the pecking order.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users