204 replies to this topic

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

I mean Mitrita cost like 10 million and is supposedly the best player in the entire Romanian league. Jorgensen is gonna be what 1 million if that and has played 15 times professionally.

I'm not against this move but im still waiting for us to dump ivan and bring in a attacking RW of top quality.

FWIW, Transfermarkt has him at around 100k EUR ($114K USD) market value. No way we're paying $1M for him

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Ivan didn't see a lot of playing time, but it's troubling that he (and Rza) couldn't get on the field during the big games down the stretch last season. They were not near the top of the pecking order.

Rza was behind Adams.     He was 2nd in the pecking order for that position (his best position) which is quite near the top of the pecking order.  As near as you can get, actually.

Ivan remains a curiosity, considering how long we had him on trial to evaluate before pulling the trigger to sign him.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

18 years old?

"Lightning fast"

?!?!??!!? 😂 Never heard of the kid... But maybe someone that watches Odnese can fill us in
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Odnese

Odense. You are making is sound Italian!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
18 seems awfully young for any player to come in and make an impact, unless you are a prodigy like Michael Owen or something.

I would have hoped for a guy a little older. Maybe he can be a super sub and come into games late to turn the tide.

I would hate if Red Bull signed a guy who is a raw prospect/project and wont start paying dividends for a few years.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

18 seems awfully young for any player to come in and make an impact, unless you are a prodigy like Michael Owen or something.

I would have hoped for a guy a little older. Maybe he can be a super sub and come into games late to turn the tide.

I would hate if Red Bull signed a guy who is a raw prospect/project and wont start paying dividends for a few years.

Tyler Adams, Eddie Gaven, Jozy Altidore, Anatole Abang...

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

Eddie Gaven, Jozy Altidore

Eddie Gaven was MLS Best XI as a 17 year old

Altidore was already scoring at 17 in MLS

Producing as a teenager may be uncommon, but it's not completely unheard of in MLS

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Eddie Gaven was MLS Best XI as a 17 year old

Altidore was already scoring at 17 in MLS

Producing as a teenager may be uncommon, but it's not completely unheard of in MLS

Though that was in an MLS with a decidedly lower average player quality. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

Tyler Adams, Eddie Gaven, Jozy Altidore, Anatole Abang...

Adams - yes. Eddie - yes. Jozy - yes.

Abang 🤔

Not sure I agree with that one.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Adams - yes. Eddie - yes. Jozy - yes.

Abang

Not sure I agree with that one.

He scored six goals in just 392 minutes. If Jorgensen can provide that this upcoming season I'll consider it a massive win. 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Well yeah. Now we have Tyler Adams, Alphonso Davies, Gianluca Busio, etc. As the caliber of the league goes up, so will the caliber of teenagers who are able to get on the field. I'm not expecting a prodigy here, but I find it incredibly difficult to believe RBNY pay a transfer fee and assign an international slot to a guy they see as no more promising than Brian White. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

FWIW, Transfermarkt has him at around 100k EUR ($114K USD) market value. No way we're paying $1M for him

more like 2mm euro haha

Transfermarkt is usually pretty off with young players though.  

Also for the record love this signing.  Cap hit is minimal as young DP, gives us actually speed off the bench this year in attack (by the end of the season).  Last year having Etienne as our fastest alternative was not a good thing.  Then after a year should be ready to start and we can deal with formation (if we play with 2 forwards, or if he can play wing) at that time.  His resume is good for someone who turned 18 in the fall and Danish league people seem to thing he is pretty talented.  Can't really go off of anything more than that. 

goal he score in league.  just a breakaway link

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

From what I saw last year, our typical 17 year old scores in their first 17 minutes.   While wearing #17.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
2M Euros sounds like a lot, but we'll see. Really enjoy the thought of a striker with loads of pace in our system as BWP has slowed down a bit.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

2M Euros sounds like a lot, but we'll see. Really enjoy the thought of a striker with loads of pace in our system as BWP has slowed down a bit.

true, of record though I think we have paid transfer fees (to acquire players from other leagues) in recent years for Royer, Kaku, Murillo and Veron.  All them worked out, besides maybe Veron, but they were all "talented enough".  RB is cheap in that regard so when the checkbook opens I will assume the guy is good until they pay for a Jay Simpson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users