48 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Taking a stab at how we will start the season. Assuming Loebe and Nealis will make the first team and the rest of the draft picks will land with RB2.

Players in [ ] are players removed from 2018.

GK: Robles (Meara, Louro)
RB: Murillo (Duncan, Lade) [Kutler]
CB: Long and Parker (Tarek, Nealis) [Escobar, Collin, Ndam, Redding, Politz]
LB: Taxi (Lade, Loebe)
DM: Davis and Rza (Beze, CCJ, Koffi) [Adams]
RW: Muyl (Valot, Ivan, Epps, Mines)
CM: Kaku (Beze, Fernandez)
LW: Royer (Etienne)
FWD: BWP (Jorgensen, White, Abang) [Rivas]

USL Signings:
GK: Nuhu [Levene]
RB: [Stauffer]
CB: Boateng, Buckmaster, Scarlett [Lombard]
LB: Yanes [de Vera]
DM: McSheery [Echevarria]
RW: [Aguinaga]
CM: Lema [Tinari]
LW: Stroud [Moreno]
FWD: Barlow

Possible USL signings that have USL experience as academy player loans with us and now graduated college: Marcello Borges, Henry Martin, Kyle Zajec, Juan Seba Sanchez, and Ethan Lochner
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Nice.

Really interested in how Valot, Ivan, and hopefully Mines perform, and whether one end of them ends up displacing Muyl or pushing him to be better. Also Jorgensen and CCJ, naturally.

Still holding out hope for an impact signing, but at this point it's more likely one happens in the summer than now (if at all, of course).

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

RB: Murillo (Duncan, Lade)
CB: Long and Parker (Tarek, Nealis)
DM: Davis and Rza (Beze, CCJ, Koffi)
FWD: BWP (Jorgensen, White, Abang)

30 by my count.
Is there any MLS limit on squad size?
Who make the game day 18?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

30 by my count.
Is there any MLS limit on squad size?
Who make the game day 18?

The players who are in best form and not injured :-)

this is actually tough

GK: Robles (Meara, 
RB: Murillo (Duncan, 
CB: Long and Parker (Tarek or Nealis)
LB: Taxi (Lade, 
DM: Davis and Rza CCJ, 
RW: Muyl to start the season
CM: Kaku 
LW: Royer 
FWD: BWP 

Pick 2

Valot Beze Etienne Fernandez Ivan, Epps, Mines Jorgensen or White, 

heavy competitiion for the front 4 back up/RW starter

This is why Lade and Tarek are valuable to cover multiple positions :-)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

BWP

Royer Kaku Valot

Rza Davis

Taxi Long Parker Murillo

Robles

Meara Tarek Duncan Muyl Etienne Casseres Jorgensen

and the rest.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

The only winger we know 100% is going to start is Royer. Behind him, and on the right, is a jumble of Muyl, Etienne, Valot, Bezecourt, Ivan, Epps, Mines and Fernandez.

I don't really hate that, as I think they're all above average MLS players or guys with potential to be great MLS players, so let them fight it out in training. It'd be great to have a sure-shot, game changing right winger, but that's clearly not in the cards. I'd rather have a tough competition with an handful of solid guys rather than the MLS alternative of a couple of mediocre dudes making a black hole on the field.

I wonder who they look at as a back-up for Kaku.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The only winger we know 100% is going to start is Royer. Behind him, and on the right, is a jumble of Muyl, Etienne, Valot, Bezecourt, Ivan, Epps, Mines and Fernandez.

I don't really hate that, as I think they're all above average MLS players or guys with potential to be great MLS players, so let them fight it out in training. It'd be great to have a sure-shot, game changing right winger, but that's clearly not in the cards. I'd rather have a tough competition with an handful of solid guys rather than the MLS alternative of a couple of mediocre dudes making a black hole on the field.

I've always thought the competition for spots thing is over rated.  You don't get to this level without being driven, and I'd rather have one All Star and a decent backup than 6 pretty good guys fighting it out..

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

robs0650

robs0650

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Red Bulls II, Manu

Based upon what I saw in preseason (only 2 games as a sub) I really like Fernandez as a backup for Kaku , I also like Mines as a winger although he seems to get pushed around a lot

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Based upon what I saw in preseason (only 2 games as a sub) I really like Fernandez as a backup for Kaku , I also like Mines as a winger although he seems to get pushed around a lot

curious from what you saw among Fernandez and Mines who do you think looks more like a first team player right now?

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

Taking a stab at how we will start the season. Assuming Loebe and Nealis will make the first team and the rest of the draft picks will land with RB2.

RB: Murillo (Duncan, Lade)
CB: Long and Parker (Tarek, Nealis)
DM: Davis and Rza (Beze, CCJ, Koffi)
FWD: BWP (Jorgensen, White, Abang)

USL Signings:
GK: Nuhu
RB:
CB: Boateng, Buckmaster, Scarlett
LB: Yanes
DM: McSheery
RW:
CM: Lema
LW: Stroud
FWD: Barlow

Possible USL signings that have USL experience as academy player loans with us and now graduated college: Marcello Borges, Henry Martin, Kyle Zajec, Juan Seba Sanchez, and Ethan Lochner

If you don't mind, I would like to see a 3rd category for players from 2018 who are no longer with the club. That way I can see where the holes are to be filled.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

If you don't mind, I would like to see a 3rd category for players from 2018 who are no longer with the club. That way I can see where the holes are to be filled.

Edited in [ ]. Biggest difference on first team is the number of backup central defenders.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Both Mines and Fernandez have to spend some time in the gym if they're going to be top players. They're both 5'9", which isn't short, but if you're 5'9" and slight of build, it'll be easy to knock you around.

Things will proably be easier for Fernandez, supposing he's playing centrally, because you can just bully a winger into the sideline. There's a little more space in the middle of the field.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Shallowest team ever

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

robs0650

robs0650

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Red Bulls II, Manu

Both Mines and Fernandez have to spend some time in the gym if they're going to be top players. They're both 5'9", which isn't short, but if you're 5'9" and slight of build, it'll be easy to knock you around.

Things will proably be easier for Fernandez, supposing he's playing centrally, because you can just bully a winger into the sideline. There's a little more space in the middle of the field.

Fernandez seems to have a more stocky build (weight 160) than Mines (weight 140)  . 160 is probably a good weight for 5ft 9in.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I never count on players coming back from major injuries. Ever. Some of them do, some of them dont. You need to be prepared if they dont. To me, the depth chart heading into the season looks like this:

GK: Robles, Meara, Louro
RB: Murillo, Lade
CB: Long, Parker, Tarek, Nealis
LB: Lade, Loebe
DM: Davis, Rza, CCJ, Koffi
RW: Muyl, Ivan, Epps, Mines
CM: Kaku, Fernandez
LW: Royer, Etienne
FWD: BWP, Jorgensen, White, Abang

Hence why Im so pissed off we didnt add another Duncan level outside back and a difference maker in midfield. Kaku can play the outside spot. They could have gotten ANY attacking mid. They sat on their hands. Unacceptable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users