29 replies to this topic

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Supports:Metropolitan SC, USA, & DC folding

I moved away from the area in late 2014, so unfortunately I haven't been to any home games since then. I was just wondering; what's the status of development around the Arena since then? Over the bridge, is it still just the garage, condos, empty field, and PATH station? I'd love to see it become a real neighborhood with things to do.

#RedBullOut

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Theres some food places and a hotel closer to the path (5 guys burger, pizzeria / gastropub) but nothing immediately next to the arena yet other than condos and a gravel parking lot

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

one of the condos has a restaurant on the 1st floor. it's slowly getting there. saw the UEFA CL final at a friend's place who lives in one of those new buildings. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Father Ted

Father Ted

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

The condos look nice https://vermellaharrison.com/ but looking at yelp reviews a number of renters are not happy including trash in the area after RB games. Also one said some dogs have fallen off the roof deck.

CrazyG

CrazyG

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Interests:Soccer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls / NY Red Bulls II

The aforementioned restaurant at 1100 Frank E Rodgers Blvd S, Harrison, NJ 07029 is a Portuguese Restaurant named Joia by SolMar. It is owned by the same owners as SolMar Restaurant on Ferry St.  Great place for pre and post games.  The staff wear Red Bull's shirts and they speak English and Portuguese.  They have typical Portuguese cuisine. It is 2 blocks from Gate A. 

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

The aforementioned restaurant at 1100 Frank E Rodgers Blvd S, Harrison, NJ 07029 is a Portuguese Restaurant named Joia by SolMar. It is owned by the same owners as SolMar Restaurant on Ferry St.  Great place for pre and post games.  The staff wear Red Bull's shirts and they speak English and Portuguese.  They have typical Portuguese cuisine. It is 2 blocks from Gate A. 

nice! had no idea about this place. i typically head to ah pizz or to the beer garden, but will check this place out next time

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

nice! had no idea about this place. i typically head to ah pizz or to the beer garden, but will check this place out next time

I've only had an appetizer there so I can't speak much about the food, but the bar there is great. Nice selection of beers, fairly cheap and lots of space to spread out if you want to grab a table with friends. It's much better than the bar in the Element hotel.

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Looks nice - thanks for the tip!

http://joiarestaurant.com/photos.html

Excellence Not Expectations

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Just noticed this place before the RSL game.   Definitely looked good

robs0650

robs0650

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Red Bulls II, Manu

I moved away from the area in late 2014, so unfortunately I haven't been to any home games since then. I was just wondering; what's the status of development around the Arena since then? Over the bridge, is it still just the garage, condos, empty field, and PATH station? I'd love to see it become a real neighborhood with things to do.

I attended game last week , 1st this year , still a gravel parking lot , took 1Hr to get out of the lot when leaving. They need to improve the roads into the Stadium and have a parking garage . RB Stadium is world class but the parking and roads into are at best high school level.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Wow nice. I also had no idea. Will have to check that out.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I attended game last week , 1st this year , still a gravel parking lot , took 1Hr to get out of the lot when leaving. They need to improve the roads into the Stadium and have a parking garage . RB Stadium is world class but the parking and roads into are at best high school level.

And here is the major issue. Those roads were built decades ago and just cannot accomodate the demand / usage. There's limited land to expand them, so I don't see much changing.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

That lot is the worst, with too many cars going out one exit.   If you park further away from the stadium its no problem.  If you want to park there, plan on after-gaming until things clear out a bit.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

agree that is poor

Walk (if able) or take the shuttle from Newark Penn.

Park in Iberia or Newark Penn lots 20 min walk beats sitting in traffic for 1 hr

Post game near the arena and let the lot clear out

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

robs0650

robs0650

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Red Bulls II, Manu

agree that is poor

Walk (if able) or take the shuttle from Newark Penn.

Park in Iberia or Newark Penn lots 20 min walk beats sitting in traffic for 1 hr

Post game near the arena and let the lot clear out

Items one and two should work for me , live in Pa -2 hr ride home --Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users