195 replies to this topic

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Is hard right now cause were missing out star ST and 3/4 of a back four so things are skewing negative right now.

Saying that there is room for improvement on our roster. Can we not find a backup LB to an mls standard for 100k? That way we can just focus on Duncan being a RB and LB can back up taxi.

Two other areas for me is a destroyer 6, some one who can come on and just kill games. I dont have names but there must be some one who can spot start but mostly come on for Davis / RZA the last 20 mins and just take cards and be physical to hold a lead.

Last is obvious and will be costly but a difference maker attacking RW. I love Muyl more than like everyone but right now we have a chance at a title adding a all star level RW, soon enough like maybe next year were gonna have to start filling holes once BWP, Kaku, long, taxi, start to go and I fear well just replace all stars with youth guys and just stay middle of the pack.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Is hard right now cause were missing out star ST and 3/4 of a back four so things are skewing negative right now.

Saying that there is room for improvement on our roster. Can we not find a backup LB to an mls standard for 100k? That way we can just focus on Duncan being a RB and LB can back up taxi.

Two other areas for me is a destroyer 6, some one who can come on and just kill games. I dont have names but there must be some one who can spot start but mostly come on for Davis / RZA the last 20 mins and just take cards and be physical to hold a lead.

Last is obvious and will be costly but a difference maker attacking RW. I love Muyl more than like everyone but right now we have a chance at a title adding a all star level RW, soon enough like maybe next year were gonna have to start filling holes once BWP, Kaku, long, taxi, start to go and I fear well just replace all stars with youth guys and just stay middle of the pack.

We have one of the lowest payrolls in MLS. We can find another backup LB.

CCJ and Davis start. Rza comes on to close it out.

We have always needed one more DP quality piece in attack to push us over the top. However, if they arent going to spend I think swapping Murillo and Muyl would be a two birds one stone situation.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

I love Muyl coming off the bench to close out wins, as a spot starter, and a wingback option in a 5 man defense. RB/LB in a 4 man defense may take more time.  The lock he has on a starting spot over more dynamic attacking options is what frustrates me about him. I think Etienne's development has been particularly affected by the amount of minutes Muyl gets, which is crazy to me given their relative upsides.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

For me, Muyl is like James Milner.  He is never going to do anything particularly exciting but he is athletic, works as hard as anyone and is an all around competent player.  Etienne on the other hand will do something exciting every so often but also contributes little aside from the moments of excitement. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
If he got the consistent minutes Muyl got I think we'd see more consistent excitement.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

For me, Muyl is like James Milner.  He is never going to do anything particularly exciting but he is athletic, works as hard as anyone and is an all around competent player.  Etienne on the other hand will do something exciting every so often but also contributes little aside from the moments of excitement. 

I've also made that comparison here before... but never will again after that last PK.      

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Sign Dunn. Pretty sure she could hold her own in MLS.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Former academy player that saw time with NYRBII last year and was playing with our U23s earlier this month, John Murphy has been scooped up by DCs USL team, Loudoun United.

https://www.loudounu...le/show/1031697

Had a ton of raw talent and good soccer IQ, but not sure he would have made the USL team regularly here. Wish him the best.

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Hearing Florian Valot received his green card.
Certainly helps him keeping a roster spot after two ACL surgeries.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

Who wants to put money on the following quote:

"With BWP returning, it's almost like getting a DP signing."

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Who wants to put money on the following quote:

"With BWP returning, it's almost like getting a DP signing."

Who would bet against that?!?!?!?!?!?

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

Sign Dunn. Pretty sure she could hold her own in MLS.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA
Speaking of the uswnt, it wasn't long ago when Rapino finished like Etienne, which is to say, badly. Since they play similarly, there is hope.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

We're at 27 goals allowed already. We were at 33 all of last year. No replacement for Adams on the horizon.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Speaking of the uswnt, it wasn't long ago when Rapino finished like Etienne, which is to say, badly. Since they play similarly, there is hope.

unless he starts taking PKs and free kicks like her, where most of her goals happen, that doesn't offer much hope

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users