195 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Closest link to Uruguay was a rumor that an MLS team had agreed to a fee for Federico Martinez, roughly 2-3 weeks ago when Hamlett was reportedly down there.

Will believe its a coincidence until proven otherwise.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Academy HGP focus should be on Tolkin, Sowe and Saramago. Sowe needs some academy loan USL minutes but seems to be the real deal. Good size and powerful with speed.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts

of course.  Gotta think its Rito, given need.   Is he ready?

Minus his last two matches, yes. Similar to Taxi but Murillo-esque 1v1 defending.

@CurseofCaricola

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Hamlett was down in Uruguay recently.  Maybe we'll be signing someone as a result of that trip?  Signing a RBII player, as others have speculated about, probably more likely, given recent track record.  

Given that our scouting network consists of friends of players, Kaku probably has a buddy or third cousin playing in Uruguay.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Given that our scouting network consists of friends of players, Kaku probably has a buddy or third cousin playing in Uruguay.

do you honestly think Kaku is referring players to RBNY?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

In Ralf's new role, will we - at some point, guessing not this window - be "hopeful" for better young talent that is 16 years old, or 19-21?

My guess it's the kids.

But if he's spotting talent to further blossom, etc perhaps these windows may yield a decent up-and-comer that has promise for the first team (perhaps jJorgensen was perceived as such).

Laugh at this unlikely outcome, but it's better than the current reality of fuck-all. 

Excellence Not Expectations

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics

i think Ralf's involvement will be to mine the Bragantino connection for any future prospect, doubt that the focus is more centered on us. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
Ralf who?

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Ralf who?

Ralf Rangnick, the ex coach of RB Leipzig and new head of sport and development at RB Global. It's understood that he'll oversee RBNY and the Brasil team, but no one knows for sure what he's going to be doing / what impact he'll have yet (he just started a month ago).

https://www.forbes.c...g/#62eda411426a

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Ralf Rangnick, the ex coach of RB Leipzig and new head of sport and development at RB Global. It's understood that he'll oversee RBNY and the Brasil team, but no one knows for sure what he's going to be doing / what impact he'll have yet (he just started a month ago).

I actually think he's just starting now. I believe he was handing over Leipzig on July 8th, as per the article. 

"My job now is to hand over the best possible team on July 8 [the day RB Leipzig officially start in the new season] so that they can hit the ground running," Rangnick said.

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
Room for improvement? Ha! You're gonna need a shoe horn.
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Oh I know who he is but I'm not expecting anything from him, unless he finds a good sporting director who hopefully brings a good coach with him. I doubt he'll have much to do with nyrb but I know he's capable. Just hard to do much from across the ocean. Hope I'm wrong.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

MLSSoccer:  What moves did your club make this week?

RBNY:  None.

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts

MLSSoccer:  What moves did your club make this week?

RBNY:  None.

Unless something falls in his lap, I don't think Hamlett is capable of making moves.

@CurseofCaricola

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

We should target Pity Martinez.

There is a feud between pity and their coach.

Pity and high press - nah

Deboer was on him because he didn't play much D saying he only had 10 men on defense.  

MLS Transfers( yeah I know but when thats all you got to speculate) mentioned a deal fell through for a young Ecuadorian winger 

Source: #RBNYMLS_19_RBNY.png bid for Brighton’s Billy Arce (currently on loan at Emelec) but the acquisition fell through.

I like the sound of this deal trying to find a young winger who can come in take time to integrate and might help this year but most likely next possibly next.  

I think the main transfer we will have will be a transfer from the IR list and Gold Cup back to our roster.  Which is disappointing but also promising because we are decent position but have hardly had our 1st team together, healthly and in form. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users