21 replies to this topic

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Given that he's the best left back in CONCACAF, I'm stunned he hasn't been sold yet. 

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

shhhh

dont tell anyone hes really bad

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Jamaica's FIFA ranking is shitty and that makes it hard for him to earn a work permit in England. From there, it's probably some combination of RBNY's stubbornness, quality of life, and Kemar's personality. He's a full-time starter on a well funded team, makes good money, and has a high quality of life for him and his family in New Jersey. Some guys want a challenge, but he might very well prefer that rather than trying to fight for a job in the middle of Turkey or wherever. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Given that he's the best left back in CONCACAF, I'm stunned he hasn't been sold yet. 

He almost made a move, but it was blocked due to Jamaica's world ranking being insufficient to meet work permit requirements.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Kemar could probably do well in a mid-table Bundesliga team.  Only issue there is would the pay increase be enough to warrant a move

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
He's twice as impressive as Ambroise Oyongo was at left back and Oyongo is doing quite well building a career with Ligue 1 side Montpellier.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

He's one of the best outside backs to ever play in MLS. It's stunning he hasn't moved yet. We're very lucky to have him.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Let's just count our blessings, that Jamaica has low FIFA ranking and have not qualified to a World Cup since France '98! Hopefully, he might be comfortable with the area and his rank with the Team. Should go down as an All-Time Great!

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
I think he should be next in line to be the captain as well. Happy to have him as long as he wants to stay.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

I think his lack of a right foot is the reason.  It's the same reason that I think Lindpere never made it in a top European league.  

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

I think he should be next in line to be the captain as well. Happy to have him as long as he wants to stay.

If he wants it, I'd be ok with it. Think the more likely candidate is Aaron Long should he elect to stay. I suppose Royer is another candidate. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

He gave an interview somewhat recently (Seeing Red media day maybe?) where he said that he said that he still wants to play in the champions league someday.  We've been lucky with the work permit, but you'd have to think that if he's going to make a move it'll be in the next couple years.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

Jamaica's FIFA ranking is shitty and that makes it hard for him to earn a work permit in England. From there, it's probably some combination of RBNY's stubbornness, quality of life, and Kemar's personality. He's a full-time starter on a well funded team, makes good money, and has a high quality of life for him and his family in New Jersey. Some guys want a challenge, but he might very well prefer that rather than trying to fight for a job in the middle of Turkey or wherever. 

You sound like you are describing Landon Donovan a bit. That boy liked the Cali sun and lifestyle  over England rain for sure. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

probably this.  

If Oyongo is at mid table League 1 then Kemar is better than that.  Would be very happy for him to play CL and challenge himselfbut really want him hear as he gives this team extra in terms of quality, speed, TIMING and heart. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

You sound like you are describing Landon Donovan a bit. That boy liked the Cali sun and lifestyle  over England rain for sure. 

Landon's issues weren't that simple

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users