Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Hearing per a source that Andreas Ivan has been released by RBNY

Hey would you look at that. The Ivan era is over. How will you remember him? I will as a woefully disappointing addition to the best team in our history last year, where more of an impact player might've taken us to the promised land. And a player who's salary didn't match his level of a prospect with some talent. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Hey would you look at that. The Ivan era is over. How will you remember him? I will as a woefully disappointing addition to the best team in our history last year, where more of an impact player might've taken us to the promised land. And a player who's salary didn't match his level of a prospect with some talent. 

good should have happened earlier in the summer but he is obviously no where close to the starting XI at this point.  I am happy they are shaking things up and hopefully we take advantage of the flexibility in the winter.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

45]@KristianRDyer

http://metrofanatic....ayer.jsp?ID=340
One career MLS goal, in this years home opener.
http://metrofanatic....ory.jsp?ID=7808
It will only be meaningful, if we make the playoffs or finish 4th by 1 point.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
One of the most baffling signings on a team with a history for baffling signings. Not sure how he saw playing time over guys like Omir, but whatever.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts
Have to wonder if Ivan asked out. Wouldn't blame him. Either that or someone else stepped in(maybe Ralf) because these moves are very decisive and it's tough to believe it's all Hamlett and Armas

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Huh, sure, but why? Do we get any meaningful savings by releasing him this late in the season?

I get that he didn't set the world alight, but why not keep him for the run-in? Muyl was recently injured, Omir has a slight build, and Etienne is on a loan. I guess Sims better come through quickly.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Huh, sure, but why? Do we get any meaningful savings by releasing him this late in the season?

I get that he didn't set the world alight, but why not keep him for the run-in? Muyl was recently injured, Omir has a slight build, and Etienne is on a loan. I guess Sims better come through quickly.

Wishful thinking, but maybe also Armas considering a change of shape. And in addition, he'd probably play Rzat at winger with Casseres, Davis, and Kaku in the middle. And it looks like they'll throw Sims right into the fire. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Have to wonder if Ivan asked out. Wouldn't blame him.

European seasons are starting.
Chance to catch on with a 4th level club there?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Oh yeah, there's Rza at RW as well, I always forget.

Farewell Ivan, we barely knew ye. Shame, really thought he had the skills to make the position his own.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Have to wonder if Ivan asked out. Wouldn't blame him. Either that or someone else stepped in(maybe Ralf) because these moves are very decisive and it's tough to believe it's all Hamlett and Armas

between now fury of academy staff hires and now decisive player moves and rumors of shopping people i think more than likely Ralf is driving or less likely he gave Hamlett permission to do somethings.  I don't see all these being Denis' choice at all

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

do you think Ralf is srsly gonna make things better for this team, considering everything is RBL oriented now? kudos to you for your optimism, i just don't think it'll be the case. if it truly was, they should've moved on Bryan Rodriguez and brought him to later flip for $$. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

do you think Ralf is srsly gonna make things better for this team, considering everything is RBL oriented now? kudos to you for your optimism, i just don't think it'll be the case. if it truly was, they should've moved on Bryan Rodriguez and brought him to later flip for $$. 

not saying i am sure he will make things "better" but i do know he will make academy better because that for sure helps RBL.  For the first team related moves because thing he would provide is just making sure stuff happens whether its better or worse i dont know.  It feels like Hamlett has sat on his hands for the last 12 months without doing anything meaningful

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Red Bull, Inc: Well we dont want to sign anyone, but maybe if we get rid of some players THAT will placate the fanbase.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

Red Bull, Inc: Well we dont want to sign anyone, but maybe if we get rid of some players THAT will placate the fanbase.

Lol

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Lol

it kinda works. i remember being elated when the Marquez saga was over. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users