74 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
I liked watching him in the few minutes he got... but an absolute fail as a signing and a bigger fail releasing him without a replacement.

If Sims is anything less than an instant All Star, Hamlett has to go.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,139 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

Red Bull, Inc: Well we dont want to sign anyone, but maybe if we get rid of some players THAT will placate the fanbase.

Maybe they are clearing the decks and books for something?

Probably not, but nice to dream

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
Makes absolutely no sense to cut both Ivan and DE7 just to bring in Sims. Someone explain this to me.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Someone explain this to me.

Its Chinatown, Red. TSM.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Ivan out. Jorgensen is pretty much RB2 player. Not many of Denis' signings really making an impact?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts

Ivan out. Jorgensen is pretty much RB2 player. Not many of Denis' signings really making an impact?

But we did get great value out of Epps, right?

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

Father Ted

Father Ted

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

All of these roster moves, Ivan, Epps and Etienne before that are AFTER the transfer window is closed.  They seemed determined not to improve the team for the playoffs.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts
Ivan had skill and shoot outside but dont think he fully linked into system. Best luck to him
As far as a signing for the organization - weak
Release him now - odd

Maybe promoting Stroud?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Makes absolutely no sense to cut both Ivan and DE7 just to bring in Sims. Someone explain this to me.

What they could be thinking:

We think Etienne has maxed out and Ivan isnt what we thought we were getting. Lots of players fighting for time here so lets trim that fat.

Weve settled on CCJ and Davis as the CM starters so our depth at RM is Muyl, Rzatkowski, and Omir.

(Insert reasons why) we arent convinced that any of them are the best option (short term...or long term maybe).

So we gamble on sims.

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham
We can still sign free agents. Maybe we are clearing cap and roster space with these moves. Does anyone have a list of out of contract players from the Romanian third division?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts

What they could be thinking:

We think Etienne has maxed out and Ivan isnt what we thought we were getting. Lots of players fighting for time here so lets trim that fat.

Weve settled on CCJ and Davis as the CM starters so our depth at RM is Muyl, Rzatkowski, and Omir.

(Insert reasons why) we arent convinced that any of them are the best option (short term...or long term maybe).

So we gamble on sims.

Still makes no sense to cut people without backfilling those roster slots.   Those slots could be put to use.  Who's our depth at LM, where Ivan played pretty well in the USOC game?

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

I guess the wishful thinking take would be that this is a sign of Ralf Rangnick getting established and starting to try to clean up the mess. 

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Well cant say I dont like this move.

Tinfoil hat time but Im 90% sure we signed him as a favor to some agent to get Mitru who went to nycfc cause there is no other explanation to bring in some random guy from the German 4th tier.

He wasnt good enough to be making 60k with us and was a joke he got 300k for the year he was here.

I dont dislike the man but I never saw anything in the player.

Baffles me why we did this now but then again I got too comfortable with the FO making senseable moves last 3/4 years this last window was peak Metro.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Gotta figure Ivan pushed for the move, right?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts

Gotta figure Ivan pushed for the move, right?

Not at all.   He came from the Bulgarian 13th division.  His last gig average ~6K attendance at home, and RB2 numbers for most away games.     This was a good gig for him.

https://www.transfer.../saison_id/2018

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users