74 replies to this topic

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Not at all.   He came from the Bulgarian 13th division.  His last gig average ~6K attendance at home, and RB@ numbers for most away games.     This was a good gig for him.

https://www.transfer.../saison_id/2018

Attendance aside (insert your own RB Arena attendance joke here), 300k/year would have been at least a 5-6x raise (probably more) from his previous stints. No way he wanted out, NYRB was a big step up in wages and exposure for future moves for him even if weren't playing too much.

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Supports:metro
I bet he wanted out. Bet he leverages his time here into a move into some euro 2nd division. Didnt Bover end up in championship or league one after never really playing here?

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I still think his signing was a favor for an agent.

Honest question. I actually dont know the answer:

Who was better? Ivan or Canero.

Please weigh in.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

We can still sign free agents. Maybe we are clearing cap and roster space with these moves. Does anyone have a list of out of contract players from the Romanian third division?

:-)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

I bet he wanted out. Bet he leverages his time here into a move into some euro 2nd division. Didnt Bover end up in championship or league one after never really playing here?

No, Bover moved to the Cosmos for two seasons, then back to England for a 5th division side.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Could be cleaning house before new CBA too I guess.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
So will he now be known forever as Ivan the Terrible?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

*Invisible 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
As of yesterday afternoon Ivan was removed from the roster on MLS' site. Still showing on the roster within the Red Bulls site and still no official announcement.

Have to think it is paired with an international acquisition announcement or the team would have released a statement already (i.e. "Player will require an international roster spot. In order to make room on the roster, the team parted ways with Andreas Ivan.")

I dont think it would be from our USL team either as the players that would require an international spot from the USL team: Unused backup keeper Miguel Silva, converted outside back Janos Loebe, On loan outside back Edgardo Rito, and rarely used striker Amarildo. Had we not signed Buckmaster, I'd think we made a deal with Yaracuyanos for Rito and added him to the first team roster. Loebe has started to impress, but still needs minutes with the USL team.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Have to think it is paired with an international acquisition announcement

Ever the optimist!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

robs0650

robs0650

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Red Bulls II, Manu

As of yesterday afternoon Ivan was removed from the roster on MLS' site. Still showing on the roster within the Red Bulls site and still no official announcement.

Have to think it is paired with an international acquisition announcement or the team would have released a statement already (i.e. "Player will require an international roster spot. In order to make room on the roster, the team parted ways with Andreas Ivan.")

I dont think it would be from our USL team either as the players that would require an international spot from the USL team: Unused backup keeper Miguel Silva, converted outside back Janos Loebe, On loan outside back Edgardo Rito, and rarely used striker Amarildo. Had we not signed Buckmaster, I'd think we made a deal with Yaracuyanos for Rito and added him to the first team roster. Loebe has started to impress, but still needs minutes with the USL team.

HARRISON, N.J. (August 14, 2019) – The New York Red Bulls have waived Romanian midfielder Andreas Ivan, the club announced today.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Official: https://www.mlssocce...er-andreas-ivan

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

HARRISON, N.J. (August 14, 2019) – The New York Red Bulls have waived Romanian midfielder Andreas Ivan, the club announced today.

to make room for no one

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

On the press release, it says he made 21 appearances.  I think I only remember one or two of those.  

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

*Invisible 

Ivan the Invisible. This is perfect!

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users