137 replies to this topic

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
If anything it would bring some excitement to the sidelines, and on the field. Just don't see us going anywhere different from where we've been, at best with Armas. But is rb willing to pay Henry? He'd probably be asking for alot, reportedly wanted $200k a month from Bordeaux, plus relocation and travel costs for him and his agent.

Do it, we need a spark of some kind, and "Guys! Guys!" isn't doing it.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

If anything it would bring some excitement to the sidelines, and on the field. Just don't see us going anywhere different from where we've been, at best with Armas. But is rb willing to pay Henry? He'd probably be asking for alot, reportedly wanted $200k a month from Bordeaux, plus relocation and travel costs for him and his agent.

he already owns a place here, so the re-lo piece would not be a problem!

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

If they stick with the young cheap academy guys then the natural successor should be Woly in my opinion. He won a championship with most of the players still with the club and is doing a solid job year after year. If they want to go the splashy L.A. route then Henry is the guy. Again this is all pure conjecture at this point.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Henry would bring some excitement, but at the end of the day, I just don't know if anyone can do better with our roster than what Armas is doing. We need to bring good players to the team. Let's be honest: BWP has regressed from top 3 player to below average contributor. We lost top 3 if not the best player from last year in Adams without any replacement. Lawrence hasn't really contributed much after the injury. Even Kaku played like shit so far and will probably be suspended for some time now. Valot who could have helped, out for the year again. The only thing I see is Omar, who needs to get PT, not sure if he is injured or what, but with the team we got Henry is going to fail here , just like he failed coaching in Europe. We need more talent on the team, it's as simple as that, no matter who the coach is.

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

Henry reportedly got like 20 million euros from his 3(?) months with Monaco, the man isn't hurting. Plus he loves NYC so I'd imagine he wouldn't mind taking a "pay cut" to coach here.

And also I agree, "Wow we sucked that game, we aren't playing at our best, we'll do it next time!!" isn't doing it.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

I feel like making this move would turn us into the NY Jets

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

As much as I liked Titi as a player for the gunners and on French national team and a true Red Bull player I don't think it is good move at this time. The loss of Tyler Adams  to transfer to RB mothership cannot be overlookedor injury to Taxi or shitty play by kaku this season.  Armas needs more time to right this ship. If fail to make the playoffs then he should be definitely out or cannot make it pass one playoff game. Then it would be time for a change. I think it then come down to Titi or Woly.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

As much as I liked Titi as a player for the gunners and on French national team and a true Red Bull player I don't think it is good move at this time. The loss of Tyler Adams  to transfer to RB mothership cannot be overlookedor injury to Taxi or shitty play by kaku this season.  Armas needs more time to right this ship. If fail to make the playoffs then he should be definitely out or cannot make it pass one playoff game. Then it would be time for a change. I think it then come down to Titi or Woly.

The shitty play by Kaku is directly linked to Marsch's departure/Armas's promotion. If Armas can't get production out of the club record signing, that falls on him.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The shitty play by Kaku is directly linked to coincidental with Marsch's departure/Armas's promotion. If Armas can't get production out of the club record signing, that falls on him we're probably screwed

ftfy

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Is Armas following Marsch? Is that part of what set this off?

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

Henry would "spruce up" the play of BWP.  I believe that he'd be great getting Kaku integrated better into the attack.  We heard that "the system is the coach" as the reason RBNY did well after the exit of Marsch yet the "system" is not performing and players are not sharp.  Bringing in a guy with Henry's class and experience to the "system" will hopefully get the ball upfield faster and enable our  attack to work.  I am not comfortable watching what I've seen so far this season.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

PLAYER COACH!

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Should be Woly next, with Sekgaya then becoming the manager of RBII.  I think Henry would be a great guy for the Academy...he's worked with Arsenal's youth.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

I don't want a guy to be our head coach who doesn't have a track record of success as a head coach (ideally at MLS or higher level). Much as I love Titi, I think the jury is still out on his managerial skills. He's very motivational. Has tremendous skills. But we've seen a lot of guys who were great players not really succeed as managers, and I'm putting Klinsi in this bucket as well. I have a feeling he expects a ton from his players, but doesn't understand why they can't perform at his level. We saw that from him as a player. Not sure what went on with him at Monaco, but it didn't last long, which doesn't bode well.

Not against Titi one day, just think that Woly has earned that shot. Or, someone of a higher caliber. I don't need to fall in love with the name of the coach, I just want the most talented guy we can get. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users