48 replies to this topic

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

HUGE blow to this team.... very evident tonight...

But it probably means more Muyl.. Which is awfull.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

we're kind of stuck. when royer isn't scoring, he's not doing much...outside of cutting inside when he should take it to the byline and cross with his left. and he has to start with Muyl. if Royer doesn't contribute anything and then if muyl doesn't either, we're in deep, imo. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
No more Muyl please. God please

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Muyl is like Eric Alexander. Great guy to have run around late in the game, but nowhere near enough technical ability to create and finish goalscoring opportunities.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Muyl is like Eric Alexander. Great guy to have run around late in the game, but nowhere near enough technical ability to create and finish goalscoring opportunities.

I get the Muyl hate in general, but yesterday he was better and created more chances than Royer. Playing him on the small Yankee stadium field where pressing is easier is a no-brainer.

Not subbing Etienne on earlier is very questionable but we've already covered that quite well in a number of threads.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

That's ok, the window is open and plenty of high-caliber reinforcements are on their way at any moment.    Papa Red Bull knows they need to make good on taking Jesse.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

I think Eitenne has the attitude and work ethic to get more minutes now, but the biggest question is if he can start converting his chances.

Don't think i'm ready for another round of starting Muyl, let's hope Etienne can take this opportunity and/or this Ivan guy signs and winds up being good.

edit: or if our Austria overlords would allow... DP3.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Don't get why Muyl doesn't get punished for being an offensive dead end the way Etienne does for not finishing chances he actually gets off (which is mostly just about the Philly Open Cup game)? Watch the reaction of other Metros when Muyl plays. They get so frustrated by his decisions / fuckups.  Team confidence seems lower with him out there.

One counterattack sequence yesterday, i think it was 3-on-3 but Muyl was the one with the ball, dribbling into the box. Did anyone legit feel like we were a threat to score there? You know that gut feeling when you're watching a game, and you suddenly sit up because something promising might be about to happen? How often do you do that when Muyl has the ball? Or when he's playing in general? He just lacks MLS-level goalmaking/scoring instincts. One good game notwithstanding, all he does is run and display average passing ability.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Metro Red

Metro Red

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Liverpool
Need a difference maker now for sure (thought we needed one anyway). Need it to seriously challenge for MLS cup, the talent level of the league is much higher than 5 years ago. We cant run out Muyl and Royer and expect to win multiple playoff series.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Why start a new thread?
http://www.metrofana...ory.jsp?ID=7818

P.S. Eff Judson, who scissored Valot from behind.
Roger did give him a good thump at 45 + 3.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Just shit news all around. Heart breaks for the guy - spend your whole life working your ass off to get to a certain point and have this terrible luck two years in a row.

Guess this means a whole lot more Muyl and DE7. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Ugh that's horrendous news

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

That's ok, the window is open and plenty of high-caliber reinforcements are on their way at any moment.    Papa Red Bull knows they need to make good on taking Jesse.

Same same, but Adams this time. 

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
So shitty

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Well that sucks. I think Valot was poised to be our lock starter across from Royer. Now we'll have another winger by committee. Muyl and DE7 need to shine

Don't see Valot coming back to the full team again. With back to back blown knees (and one on each leg), he'll be a huge question mark going forward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users