Houston Dynamo v New York Red Bulls
BBVA Compass Stadium (8:30pm ET)
REF: FOTIS BAZAKOS
AR1: Eduardo Mariscal
AR2: Jose Da Silva
4TH: Mark Kadlecik

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

I don't hate this ref, should I?

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

I don't hate this ref, should I?

Maybe? https://youtu.be/Gae...nm1fdXmA?t=270?

Spoiler: He's the dunce in yellow who called a PK (handball) on Olave for deflecting it with his chest.  The rest of that game was no refereeing masterclass, but based Cahill saved the day. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Maybe? https://youtu.be/Gae...nm1fdXmA?t=270?

Man, I know it was just qualifying for the playoffs, but still one of my favorite finishes in team history.  The looping header, the siren and Steve's call on the broadcast, the place just exploding.

Also I had forgot Sene even existed lol.  Apparently in the Bulgarian league now.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Man, I know it was just qualifying for the playoffs, but still one of my favorite finishes in team history.  The looping header, the siren and Steve's call on the broadcast, the place just exploding.

Also I had forgot Sene even existed lol.  Apparently in the Bulgarian league now.

Has any Metro player scored with less game time between his goals than Cahill?  Had that goal, then led off the next game at Houston with the goal 8 seconds in.

Footie17

Footie17

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Portugal, Donuts

Has any Metro player gone from "pending legend" status to "please get the fuck out of here" quicker than Cahill?

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

Canceled cable and switched to Vue several months ago.  It's been great so far, but now the big test comes: First away game on MSG, which Vue does not have.  Anyone know if there were bootleg streams available online for MSG games last summer?  It's gonna be that or the bar for me.

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Canceled cable and switched to Vue several months ago.  It's been great so far, but now the big test comes: First away game on MSG, which Vue does not have.  Anyone know if there were bootleg streams available online for MSG games last summer?  It's gonna be that or the bar for me.

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams

Get an adblocker, though.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Have wanted to cut the cord for so long and this is my biggest issue... Sports.  Mainly having to do with Rangers and Metros.  Jets I can get through other means.

Have a question though, if  you bought MLS Live, do you know if it would black out the Red Bulls games?

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Has any Metro player gone from "pending legend" status to "please get the fuck out of here" quicker than Cahill?

Dude was great that first year we won the Supporter's Shield.  He wasn't far off of Henry in quality of play that season. 

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

Have wanted to cut the cord for so long and this is my biggest issue... Sports.  Mainly having to do with Rangers and Metros.  Jets I can get through other means.

Have a question though, if  you bought MLS Live, do you know if it would black out the Red Bulls games?

Yes RB games are blacked out in our area on MLS live but can be worked around with a little tinkering.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
If anyone has a way for me to watch this Monday night it would be much appreciated.

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

MLS Live is $79.99, NHL.tv is $7.99 for a single team package (though, I'm not sure if that's pro-rated for how many games are left in the season). That's almost $90, which can't be far off your cable bill, plus the money you'd need to spend on a VPN to get around the local blackouts (probably $10 a month), bringing the total to about $100, plus whatever you pay for internet.

At that point, stick with cable. It's the same calculations I had to do a little while back, but I'm broke so cable isn't even an option. I just make do with illegal streams and drinking more than I'd like.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users