Cosmos, if you want a grassroots NYC club...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

striking21

striking21

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Nats

So he still has all his metrostars stuff?

doubt it, sadly most soccer fans I run into seem to be more concenred with euro teams

ilikebeet

ilikebeet

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
  • Supports:NYC Bars

doubt it, sadly most soccer fans I run into seem to be more concenred with euro teams

I'm sure he'll find an excuse not to go to cosmos games either...
I shall write my life as if it was a love story. For who is to say it is not? It began with a love of football, and it will end the same.
-Puskas

Stop slobbing Euro nob.
-Matrim55

Dcn Joseph

Dcn Joseph

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Open League Play, Pro/Rel
  • Supports:Strikers, PRI, RBNY, FCNY

If you want a grassroots club, and not, "New Jersey Energy Drink FC" create an NASL team. Support that team and show that there is actual interest for a grassroots Cosmos team, then we will talk. I'm tired of hearing you complain that, "we're a New Jersey team" we represent the whole Metropolitan area, stop complaining and support NYRB. /endrant

This makes no sense.

First off, NASL needs to create a New York team first on its own. Don't get me wrong. I support the NASL all the way. But right now they are carrying three teams. FC New York was fine with going D-III, per USL's "quantity always trumps quality" plan. At least there is a D-III team, but it's a shame that of all places, the NY Metro area has no D-II team at all.

Second, it won't be the Cosmos. The New York Cosmos, Incorporated didn't come back from the black hole to play second division soccer. (They came to destroy MLS, of course.) All I hope is that when they realize that creating a profitable soccer team is a little trickier than putting 70's champs in photo-ops and head back through the wormhole that they take Shep with them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users