Canadian crybabies, heh?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

We can't finish 9th. We can only finish 6th if we win / Revs lose / Nashville does not get more than 4 points from 2 games.

So, 7th or 8th, playing either Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, Montreal, Scum.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

We can't finish 9th. We can only finish 6th if we win / Revs lose / Nashville does not get more than 4 points from 2 games.

So, 7th or 8th, playing either Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, Montreal, Scum.

We SHOULD be able to beat all of those teams at home. We know how the rest goes...

Elseth7

Elseth7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT

Honestly if Kaku and CCJ are going to go on international duty they should be out of the lineup this week.  Gotta get used to life without.

------------Royer-----White--------

Stroud--------------------------Clark

-------Yearwood----Valot-----------

Egbo-----Long---Parker---Duncan

---------------Meara-----------------

"I'm sure we won't hear much from [Philly] because of the quality of our fans, of how loud and how boisterous they are," Petke said. "They're probably going to drown them out. But I welcome it. I love it..."

Metrosct

Metrosct

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Honestly if Kaku and CCJ are going to go on international duty they should be out of the lineup this week.  Gotta get used to life without.

------------Royer-----White--------

Stroud--------------------------Clark

-------Yearwood----Valot-----------

Egbo-----Long---Parker---Duncan

---------------Meara-----------------

Please no 4-4-2.  Or any variation with 2 forwards up top.  I think we've proven playing with a lone striker is the best formation for this team.

-------------White---------------

Royer------Valot---------Clark/Stroud

----Davis-----------Yearwood--------

Pendant--Long----Parker-----Duncan

-----------Meara---------------

Pendant had a bit of a rough game yesterday.  I think much of that had to do with playing at Yankee Stadium for the 1st time.  The field is so narrow - it must be a major adjustment for an outstide back.  While he is a bit questionable going forward, his defending has been decent.

I'd like to see Clark at Right Mid and let Stroud sub into the game to provide some energy.  

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Please no 4-4-2.  Or any variation with 2 forwards up top.  I think we've proven playing with a lone striker is the best formation for this team.

Pendant had a bit of a rough game yesterday.  I think much of that had to do with playing at Yankee Stadium for the 1st time.  The field is so narrow - it must be a major adjustment for an outstide back.  While he is a bit questionable going forward, his defending has been decent.

I'd like to see Clark at Right Mid and let Stroud sub into the game to provide some energy.  

Better get used to 2 striker formations.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Play Tarek at left back as stay at home full back... There's no need to have him attack just not give the ball away stupidly...
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

We can knock TFC out of the Shield contention.  Would be very nice.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

What do you guys think of Clark out on the wing? I know its the only real place for him when Kaku is on the field, but at least in the standard 4-2-3-1 he seems to lack a lot of the instincts you look for in a winger. Doesn't look confident in his runs during transition, isn't the type to get to the end line and whip in crosses. Just overall seems built to play a more central role.

Without Kaku, I'd like to see more of what he can do with time in the #10 spot.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

What do you guys think of Clark out on the wing? I know its the only real place for him when Kaku is on the field, but at least in the standard 4-2-3-1 he seems to lack a lot of the instincts you look for in a winger. Doesn't look confident in his runs during transition, isn't the type to get to the end line and whip in crosses. Just overall seems built to play a more central role.

Without Kaku, I'd like to see more of what he can do with time in the #10 spot.

I think he is more a central player or a winger who cuts in.  Worth giving him time. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Clark (and maybe Tetteh) seems like a 4-2-2-2 kind of player. Fast and well-rounded w. a nose for looks on goal.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Better get used to 2 striker formations.

Yeah, while I think we are two strikers next year, I say single forward for rest of this year - I dont think we have the personnel for a 2 striker set up. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I don't where Clark position is yet.. He's goal come from making his own shot. But he doesn't add in build up so that said I'd play him centrally with the message turn and shoot...

Kaku and Royer are the only hope to generate chances and thus in a 4231 have to play on the flanks.. Cassares is more of an attacker and it would be nice to have a true defensive midfielder but Yearwood with Cassares... Parker and Long have to start and Tarek has to play at left back and just defend
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Meara
Egbo-Parker-Long-Duncan
Davis
Valot-Yearwood-Royer-Stroud
White

Bench: Jensen, Pendant, Tarek, Fernandez, Lema, Clark, Rzatkowski, Tetteh, Barlow
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

So Barlow, our starting forward for most of the season (until very recently), has played in 20 games and scored in one of them.

:(

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users