155 replies to this topic

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

So now Kemar wants a trade. Unbelievable. This is getting out of hand. Something is up with this locker room big time....

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

https://sbisoccer.co...ls-to-trade-him

"MLS All-Star defender Kemar Lawrence has requested a trade from the Red Bulls, a move that came after the club refused his request to renegotiate his contract, sources confirmed to SBI."

I don't know, if they're going to tear the team down and rebuild, it's going to be a rough few years with or without Lawrence.  If that's the case, might as well trade him.  If they're seriously going to bring in 3-4 high quality players (like starter level, not academy/USL types), then maybe keep him.

thephantomcredits

thephantomcredits

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls/Team USA

I think Kemar wants to get paid more than he wants a trade.  Considering how essential he is he isn't wrong for asking.  He should be paid at least as much as Parker if not more.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

I think Kemar wants to get paid more than he wants a trade.  Considering how essential he is he isn't wrong for asking.  He should be paid at least as much as Parker if not more.

I agree he should be paid more. But how does him requesting a trade = him wanting a raise? He would keep the same salary if he was traded, no?

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

So now Kemar wants a trade. Unbelievable. This is getting out of hand. Something is up with this locker room big time....

Wouldn't blame wanting to get paid accordingly on locker room issues, or anything other than knowing your own value, for that matter.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I agree he should be paid more. But how does him requesting a trade = him wanting a raise? He would keep the same salary if he was traded, no?

A team that spends assets to get an unhappy player would be unlikely to keep him unhappy and would therefore offer him a raise. If they don't, they'd have to turn around and trade him for even less to a different team.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

this fucking team..........

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

cant wait for buckmaster and parker to be the only ones from the back 5 coming back

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Realistically the guy deserves a TAM-level contract. Timing sucks though as no team in the world loves negotiating a raise less than 12 months into a new contract. If I'm Red Bull I still give it to him, give him the TAM that was going to Rzatkowski.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Red Bull signing Connor Lade's daughter as his replacement

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham
He's been underpaid for years so it's hard to blame him. Especially if he compares his paycheck to Parker or Long. Good job Armas and Hamlett, now both our outside backs from a historically great defense (2018) are disgruntled and at least one other is overpaid...

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
Pay him
Give him TAM

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

The guy just signed a deal at the end of last season.  

Sets a bad precedent with re-doing a deal that soon but Taxi is worth it.

Either way, locker room is clearly a disaster now. 

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

He would only be asking for a trade if we refused to give him a raise. And if that's true...my faith in this club is at an all time low. He's only getting paid 380K.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Why is everyone worried?

Buckmaster can play left back in a pinch.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users