JayJeeMoNee

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

From Penn State to State Penn

lol i was waiting for someone to post that comment..

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
Posted Image

I think Sandusky is going to get screwed somewhere very uncomfortable.

alberchico

alberchico

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:soccer, aviation
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, Real Madrid
Isn't it true that even in prisons there is a general rule that child molesters are treated the worst way possible by fellow inmates ?

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Isn't it true that even in prisons there is a general rule that child molesters are treated the worst way possible by fellow inmates?

Yes.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts
  • Supports:Metros
Report: Investigators Now Probing How Administrators Disciplined Penn State Football Players

In a word: Duh!

I wonder how many rapes, assaults and shitty grades JoePa covered up in his time at Happy Valley? Oh, of course they'll say "JoePa didn't do it himself!" No, he didn't. He simply looked the other way - just like he did when Sandusky was raping little kids.

Scum.

Red Card

Red Card

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, USMNT

Isn't it true that even in prisons there is a general rule that child molesters are treated the worst way possible by fellow inmates ?

Yes, but not for the reasons people think. I've heard from multiple corrections officers that child molestres do get treated badly, but it has nothing to do with "prison justice" or some sense of morality on the part of the other prisoners. Instead, it is because most child molesters aren't tough, don't have friends in prison, and don't easily fit into any of the established prison cliques. For example, a biker or a gangsta or a Mafia guy will likely be tougher, already have friends in prison, and will more easily be able to blend into the population. Meanwhile, a child molester is likely to be weak, not know anyone, and have trouble adapting...all of which will make him an easy target.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Yes, but not for the reasons people think. I've heard from multiple corrections officers that child molestres do get treated badly, but it has nothing to do with "prison justice" or some sense of morality on the part of the other prisoners. Instead, it is because most child molesters aren't tough, don't have friends in prison, and don't easily fit into any of the established prison cliques.

It's a little more complex than that. Inmates do despise child molesters. They are the lowest rung in the prison, along with informants. And, the reason they get treated badly, is because they treated children badly on the street. They had power over children, now everyone has power over them.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Report: Investigators Now Probing How Administrators Disciplined Penn State Football Players

In a word: Duh!

I wonder how many rapes, assaults and shitty grades JoePa covered up in his time at Happy Valley? Oh, of course they'll say "JoePa didn't do it himself!" No, he didn't. He simply looked the other way - just like he did when Sandusky was raping little kids.

Scum.

ESPN did an outside the lines report a few years ago about how Joe was losing control because the football players were getting in trouble. Don't pretend like football players don't get preferential treatment at every single fucking division 1 school in America. Including every school you referenced in your article yesterday. Urban Meyer is a PERFECT example of that.

We've already covered this topic in this exact thread. See below. Let's stay focused on the task at hand please, namely who knew what and who's lying.

I'll point you to an ESPN piece highlighting the fact that our football players kept getting into trouble with the cops...

http://www.post-gaze.../900389-194.stm

"The show found that since 2002, 46 Penn State players have been charged with 163 criminal complaints. Forty-five of those complaints resulted in guilty pleas or convictions. Of the 46 players charged, 27 pleaded guilty or were convicted."

Yeah, Joe did a great job getting his players out of trouble

I think this is a red herring. This investigation should focus on who fucked up in the administrators office, and more importantly, how many people actually knew about this. The more I find out the angrier I get. Just a complete breakdown of of responsibility and more importantly zero perspective shown by these guys in protecting the kids. Spanier should be going to jail after investigators uncovered these e-mails.

#RedBullOut

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
“After giving it more thought and talking it over with Joe…I am uncomfortable with what we agreed were the next steps.”

Wonder what was said.

But at this point, whatever. He's dead. Bigger fish to fry and all that.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

“After giving it more thought and talking it over with Joe…I am uncomfortable with what we agreed were the next steps.”

Wonder what was said.

I think we're gonna find out soon...

http://onwardstate.c...elease-records/

#RedBullOut

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
http://sports.yahoo....335--ncaaf.html

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I think we're gonna find out soon...

http://onwardstate.c...elease-records/

Nittney,

I give you a lot of credit. Most Penn St. folks I know denied everything. Jo is God, it's someone else's fault, etc. At this point, there's plenty of blame to go around. You're not in denial which is probably not easy. Credit to you.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

http://sports.yahoo....335--ncaaf.html

The answer to Dyer's question is no, it doesn't...unless the NCAA changes rules to make it so. LOIC refers to breaking NCAA rules, not the law (as fucked as it is to believe that). So, if Baylor basketball covers up a murder and doesn't get the death penalty, I have a tough time seeing it in this case. PSU fired these guys as soon as the info came to light. I think they'll throw bowl bans in there and limits on scholarships, but his one is for the courts and DOE, not the NCAA. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble.

SI nailed this one:
http://sportsillustr...ef=twitter_feed

This changes if we see academic fraud or tampering with grades. At that point, yes PSU becomes open to this sort of thing.

I give you a lot of credit. Most Penn St. folks I know denied everything. Jo is God, it's someone else's fault, etc. At this point, there's plenty of blame to go around. You're not in denial which is probably not easy. Credit to you.

Most people at PSU aren't sure what to believe because the BOT has been awful in diverging the truth to the alumni base. All we get is spin, be it by the media, BOT or Penn State itself. Most of my friends want to see all of the e-mails aired out. I can also say that most of us right now are furious, and most of us are sick and tired of the general populace making this about Happy Valley/State College and making us out to be cult followers. That's horseshit, it drives me nuts. Multiple people have done it in this thread and I'm really fed up with it.

#RedBullOut

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Most people at PSU aren't sure what to believe because the BOT has been awful in diverging the truth to the alumni base. All we get is spin, be it by the media, BOT or Penn State itself. Most of my friends want to see all of the e-mails aired out. I can also say that most of us right now are furious, and most of us are sick and tired of the general populace making this about Happy Valley/State College and making us out to be cult followers. That's horseshit, it drives me nuts. Multiple people have done it in this thread and I'm really fed up with it.

Funny story. I was in the supermarket yesterday and there was a girl on line ahead of me decked out in Penn St. gear. I asked her if it was tough for her to wear the gear these days. She said not at all. She is a current student and she feels that all of the students are very insulated and not fully aware of what the rest of the country thinks. She also said she took a summer class and attended the trial for 2 days as it was open to the public. She said that sitting that close to Sandusky was scary for her. Just thought I'd share that.

And to be objective, Penn St. football program is slightly cultish. If you have strong self-awareness, you will realize that. Jo Pa was there for 100 years and was an institution. Almost beyond reproach. It was a very uncommon situation. Not Penn St.'s fault, just the way it was. Would have been the same at any other school who's coach was there 100 years.

The peaceful riots that happened the night of Jo Pa's following gave the country a perception of Penn St. that is a lot different than you probably perceive it.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users