24 replies to this topic

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
The Knicks have been my favorite team since the Ewing/Oakley/starks 90s era teams. Unfortunately they've had a bad run since then and my interest in basketball waned

Last season the team overperformed and - more than anything showed off that toughness and grit that characterized the 90s era Knicks.

This year's edition of the Knicks is even better. Still playing tough and intense ball, but also much refined on the perimeter with guys like Kemba Walker and Evan Fournier in the mix. Will this be the year they win it all?

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

This year's edition of the Knicks is even better.
Will this be the year they win it all?

You may want to consider following the Nets!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I'm very excited about the team this year. They've largely looked great thus far, minus Orlando on Sunday. Those nights will happen with their new, more 3-point oriented philosophy. They only shot 27% from behind the arc that night. 

I do think they can easily surpass the typical predictions and Vegas over/under for wins that I've seen. So many things are improved or trending up from last year: Barrett/Obi/Quickley continuing to improve, a full season of Rose as the orchestrator of our 2nd unit, getting Mitch back is basically an addition, Kemba (provided he stays relatively healthy) is a massive upgrade over Payton, Fournier fills a role (and fills it very well) that basically didn't even exist last year. I think this team has a good chance to hit 50 wins barring multiple crucial injuries (which is an unfortunate possibility with Kemba, Rose, Mitch, etc.). 

All of that being said, I have very little realistic hope that they can win a title this year. They are very well-rounded and have outstanding depth, but lack the elite, top-end talent to really make a deep run. I love Randle, but he's not a true #1 option. I think it's fair to argue at this point that he's an excellent #2. Additionally, along those lines, they don't have a true #2 (excluding Randle, as he's the de facto #1). The depth can compensate for some of that, of course. Hypothetically, if they had a first round re-match with the Hawks this year, I think that's a much deeper and competitive series this time around, with the Knicks possibly even coming out on top. But, I just can't see us running with the Bucks, Nets, etc. in a playoff series. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=mHfJKrq9_hk

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

This year's edition of the Knicks is even better. Still playing tough and intense ball, but also much refined on the perimeter with guys like Kemba Walker and Evan Fournier in the mix. Will this be the year they win it all?

Trouble in paradise:
https://nypost.com/2...-looking-worse/

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Knicks slowly finding their groove, seemingly thanks to lots of absences forcing guys to step up and expand their roles. Even though the shots didn't fall, RJ Barrett showed some primary attacker potential Friday night without Randle, and the rookies are looking solid.

As a Metro fan, I feel especially built for enjoying an inconsistent young team that's just a piece or two away.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Knicks slowly finding their groove

If by that you mean 5-5 in last 10

As a Metro fan, I feel especially built for enjoying an inconsistent young team that's just a piece or two away.

Knix have been a piece or two away for the past 50 years, although they did get to 2 finals.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

If by that you mean 5-5 in last 10

Knix have been a piece of two away for the past 50 years, although they did get to 2 finals.

Knicks havent been a piece or two away in almost 20 years.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Generally accurate, except in 2013:
https://www.basketba....com/teams/NYK/

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

If they add Curry and KD, it could work 🤔

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Generally accurate, except in 2013:
https://www.basketba....com/teams/NYK/

That was probably the most fun Knicks team of my entire adult life, but I would add that they were a giant piece away that year. Even if they could have figured out how to get past Indiana, no way they were beating Miami. They probably needed another superstar, not another well fitting complementary piece.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Knicks were a giant piece away that year. They probably needed another superstar.

The loss of Linsanity cost a crowd spark.
JKidd may not have worn out with Lin around.
There were many great players & seasoned vets.
IDK who else could have got them past Miami.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
RJ BARRETT!

He has a mental toughness that Randle is crucially lacking.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
Knicks losing the home fans:
https://nypost.com/2...t-disadvantage/

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
Julius Randle has unfollowed the Knicks and Twitter is atwitter!

I love social media sports sleuths.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users