395 replies to this topic

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Oh shut the fuck up Cangi, Armas cost himself the job, nobody else. Armas sucked.

I have to imagine that with the way Red Bulls media treats Armas, he must have just been a really nice guy and they don't want to trash him. There is no possible way you could see what Carnell did with essentially the exact same squad and not come to the rational conclusion that Armas was a problem.

Henry_Krinkle

Henry_Krinkle

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
Remember Pink Floyd’s ‘The Wall’ movie? The lead character Pink watching TV in a catatonic state,oblivious to everything & anything around him. That was me today. I didn’t shave my eyebrows, though. PS Not yet. This team. Help me.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

We looked good first half and feel apart after 2nd goal
So odd not putting on all 3 subs as soon as 3rd goal scored
Stroud should have started
Yearwood is foul machine
Duncan sadly worse game of year
We looked more dangerous with Kaku who should have seen 30
DE7 congrats on 2 assists

I really dont understand why Kaku did not get more playing time in the most important game of the year. He just made a difference for Paraguayan national team, which is way better than Red Bulls, and he played more minutes there. He couldve still started Cayden Clark and Kaku. Kaku is far and away the best offensive player on this team, and he was ready to go. I cant believe Struber fucked it up.

Same with CCJ. After the first half it was obvious both Davis and Yearwood played like the absolute pieces of shit. Get rid of them, get Kaku and CCJ in. Get Stroud in. And what about Barlow over White? Admittedly I was shitting on White probably more than anyone on this board, but the guy scored four goals in the last five games and earned the start over Barlow.

This guy is supposed to be very good tactically. Yet most people on this board advocated for a much better starting lineup, and those players actually when they got in finally did play better than the starters. Very very disappointed in the new head coach. This was a winnable game, and his brilliant tactics screwed The most important game of the season. 15 mins for Kaku? Honestly, I think Armas would have done a better job.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I have to imagine that with the way Red Bulls media treats Armas, he must have just been a really nice guy and they don't want to trash him. There is no possible way you could see what Carnell did with essentially the exact same squad and not come to the rational conclusion that Armas was a problem.

World beaters Tetteh and Yearwood aren't what made the difference?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

World beaters Tetteh and Yearwood aren't what made the difference?

Neither did Pendant. Aside from firing Armas, which was quite an obvious call for every single person on this board without any exceptions whatsoever, I dont see how Thellwell helped the team this year.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
And by the way, with Duncan playing like shit, and pendant always playing like shit, it probably wasnt a bad idea to give Egbo a shot. Couldve moved Duncan to the left, couldnt be any worse, and replace Pendant with Egbo. Just overall felt like Struber didnt put the best guys out there, and then didnt replace the guys who were playing like shit until late.

Felt very similar to last year when Buckmaster played over Murillo. Well, maybe not quite as bad but similar overall feeling that the best players we had werent out there for most of the game. Actually, with Kaku playing 15 minutes, maybe it was just as bad.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

dont understand why Kaku did not get more playing time ... Same with CCJ. ... Get Stroud in. ... White?

What would Carnell have done?

I think Armas would have done a better job.

Easy now.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

What would Carnell have done?

Easy now.

I dont know big Jake, this guy supposed to be way better than Carnell. I know Columbus was the favorite, but we just did not put our best foot forward this time just like last year. Particularly depressing is 15 minutes from Kaku after he just kicked ass for Paraguay. This really does remind me of Buckmeister over Murillo last year.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
By the way, did you notice how at the beginning of the game we almost conceded a goal from Zardes? And same thing in the second half immediately conceded the post shot and then the goal. Thats poor coaching, right after instructions were given, we concede great opportunities. Extremely disappointing

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I dont know big Jake, this guy supposed to be way better than Carnell. I know Columbus was the favorite, but we just did not put our best foot forward this time just like last year. Particularly depressing is 15 minutes from Kaku after he just kicked ass for Paraguay. This really does remind me of Buckmeister over Murillo last year.

You might have been exaggerating but remember that Armas did actually play Columbus this year and it went a whole lot worse than yesterday

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

You might have been exaggerating but R
remember that Armas did actually play Columbus this year and it went a whole lot worse than yesterday

The team has improved a lot after Armas thankfully left. And the big reason why I wanted him gone was because he was ruining Kaku, like he did with Sims and Murillo. I simply dont understand the reasoning for not playing Kaku more than 15 minutes after he just scored for Paraguay and made a huge difference for that team, helping them remain unbeaten, then came back, got a day rest and also practiced the next day.

And guess what, when our best players came in, we actually played well, scored and had chances to tie. Just not enough time with our best guys. And yes, Kaku is one of our best guys if not the best.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

we just did not put our best foot forward this time ...

I agree that the team played poorly.
I just do not agree or believe that Armas would have fielded a better lineup or motivated those on the field to play better.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Would have gotten stomped out with Armas.. At least they just needed one goal at the end but there aren't any goal scorers on this roster..

This season was a disaster.. Credit the guys playing above their talent vs Cbus.. Nagbe showed up at the right time and Porter always coaches up...

The future looks good cuz no way is it possible to have a worse season than this.. Thelwell looks like he'll make moves and sure better talent can do more than this.. There was no creative build up and no goal scoring threats all year long
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

no way is it possible to have a worse season than this..

http://www.metrofana...e.jsp?YEAR=1999

http://www.metrofana...e.jsp?YEAR=2009

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

http://www.metrofana...e.jsp?YEAR=1999
http://www.metrofana...e.jsp?YEAR=2009

chances are they'll do better than those seasons...
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users