819 replies to this topic

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

I hate to say it, but I wonder if trading Dax is the way to go here. He turns 30 early next season. Sean Davis is ready to take on a bigger role and Tyler Adams can assume the bench role. He has a big cap hit and could be swapped for a healthy dose of Garber Bucks.

I lean towards not doing this, but I think it's something that has to at least be considered and explored.

Well I think it comes down whether or not we need to dump Dax to make another move. I think we can keep our current squad (mostly) and still fit in a DP. 

Ali just needs to give Garber some BJs and we're all set with allocation money. 

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

even though he's 31 i think Feilhaber can be had in a trade. I think his contract is up , so whatever we'll give SKC will be minimal in regards to talent for talent. We'll probably just have to pay him low level DP money which i have no problem doing since we usually piss away the 3rd DP slot year after year. 

another guy i'd love to see us make a run at in MLS is Farrell from N.E.  He'll offer us some much needed playoff toughness at RB and can play CB real well. I have no idea what we can offer them but the right back position IMO has been an eyesore for the past several years. It needs to be upgraded.

it sounds like Veron could be fucking off soon so use his slot on Boyd as a  DP and groom him to be BWP's heir and possible strike partner when we decide to go 4-4-2

------------bwp---

feilhaber--klejstan--royer-

------felipe--dax--

taxi--bah--collin---farrell-

-------robles----

5 year plan

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

even though he's 31 i think Feilhaber can be had in a trade. I think his contract is up , so whatever we'll give SKC will be minimal in regards to talent for talent. We'll probably just have to pay him low level DP money which i have no problem doing since we usually piss away the 3rd DP slot year after year. 

another guy i'd love to see us make a run at in MLS is Farrell from N.E.  He'll offer us some much needed playoff toughness at RB and can play CB real well. I have no idea what we can offer them but the right back position IMO has been an eyesore for the past several years. It needs to be upgraded.

it sounds like Veron could be fucking off soon so use his slot on Boyd as a  DP and groom him to be BWP's heir and possible strike partner when we decide to go 4-4-2

------------bwp---
feilhaber--klejstan--royer-
------felipe--dax--
taxi--bah--collin---farrell-
-------robles----

I thought Benny was out of contract with SKC.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
I think Benny is leaving MLS.
http://www.espnfc.us...-kc-exit-source
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Yea not sure if Benny is what we need. I mentioned him before, but if I was Curtis/Marsch I would try to blow a big amount of money on Pedro. Having a winger rotation of Pedro/Royer/Muyl/Grella with Veron backing up BWP, and a midfield rotation of Sacha/Dax/Felipe/Davis would be incredible. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Pedro is like, the ultra Muyl.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Yea not sure if Benny is what we need. I mentioned him before, but if I was Curtis/Marsch I would try to blow a big amount of money on Pedro. Having a winger rotation of Pedro/Royer/Muyl/Grella with Veron backing up BWP, and a midfield rotation of Sacha/Dax/Felipe/Davis would be incredible. 

It would be great but there's no way it's happening. Pedro's under contract at Chelsea and worth an 8-digit amount, not to mention him being a part of the first team. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
Wouldn't mind seeing Agudelo back now that he's a bit more mature. Can see him and Sacha working together well.

@CurseofCaricola

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts

Wouldn't mind seeing Agudelo back now that he's a bit more mature. Can see him and Sacha working together well.

Use him as a wide player or off the bench?
What would we have to give up to get him?

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

We're probably not likely to spend the amount he'd want but apparently Sean Franklin is a free agent if we're looking at someone to upgrade at RB. 

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts

We're probably not likely to spend the amount he'd want but apparently Sean Franklin is a free agent if we're looking at someone to upgrade at RB. 

31 years old and made 255k last year. I'd rather keep Duvall or try Muyl there.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Still would love to get Robbie Rodgers somehow, upgrade over Duvall, Lade and Zizzo.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

31 years old and made 255k last year. I'd rather keep Duvall or try Muyl there.

I like Mutl there too. There's also Lade.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts

Use him as a wide player or off the bench?
What would we have to give up to get him?

I think both options. Grella-esque over Muyl on the right or to help/push BWP in a super sub role.

The second question is the key. I would love to be able to unload one of our DMs for Juan. It would allow Davis to start getting involved. Downfall is Dax or Felipe for Agudelo would be a gamble.

@CurseofCaricola

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts

I think both options. Grella-esque over Muyl on the right or to help/push BWP in a super sub role.

The second question is the key. I would love to be able to unload one of our DMs for Juan. It would allow Davis to start getting involved. Downfall is Dax or Felipe for Agudelo would be a gamble.

I think NE is pretty happy with Koffie though? He's only 25 and lookes great after they put him at the base of a diamond formation to end the year. They don't need Dax.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users