150 replies to this topic

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

True, but he was also a spot starter. We need a starter. In his prime.

Peguy started most games at the end of 2014 and the playoffs.  I don't know if this French guy will be any good, but he is entering his prime.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Sacha doesn't sit if healthy or even if he sucks. If he needs a break, Felipe is Jesse's option 1, but I wouldn't mind seeing Adams or Davis given a shot there.

Ultimately, we need Sacha to play himself into form, not sub him with someone on the roster. We live and die by the Kljestan unless and until we sign an offensive game changer.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Peguy started most games at the end of 2014 and the playoffs.  I don't know if this French guy will be any good, but he is entering his prime.

I was going to say that this guy never had the career Peguy did before Peguy fell out of favor with the new coach, but by 21, this kid had about 100 appearances and 14 goals for Nice. That's pretty legit, so its curious why his loan spells never worked out.   But he;s till young, and if we are getting a good look at him during a trial, that counts for something.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

I was going to say that this guy never had the career Peguy did before Peguy fell out of favor with the new coach, but by 21, this kid had about 100 appearances and 14 goals for Nice. That's pretty legit, so its curious why his loan spells never worked out.   But he;s till young, and if we are getting a good look at him during a trial, that counts for something.

Yea, he's a wildcard - some obvious good things and then some things that make you scratch your head.  If he signed here, we'd be lucky if he is anywhere near Peguy's level.  Marsch obviously puts a ton of emphasis of training, so if RB sign him based on the trial, you'd have to think he performed well in practice, at least in Jesse's eyes, and will see plenty of time on the pitch.  This guy is different, but we've done well with all (Am I forgetting a bust?) our French signings.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

... we've done well with all (Am I forgetting a bust?) our French signings.

Ikangu, LeToux, Sene...

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

Ikangu, LeToux, Sene...

I was thinking more guys that came directly from Europe. Ikangu was the one I was forgetting.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Adu had a legit start to a young career.

Hoping this guy doesn't have something wrong between the ears...or that he's actually 35 years old.

;)

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Well, going by Bosetti's twitter account, the guy loved it here.  Certainly wants to be on this team and that is usually a good thing.  As you guys discussed above, I don't think it would completely shock anyone if he turned out to be a good signing, but there is also a bust factor involved as well.

Either way, if we are going to win anything, we need him or whoever else we sign to work out in a big way.  And also as mentioned above, for some dumb reason an overwhelming majority of the french guys we sign tend to work out.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Well, going by Bosetti's twitter account, the guy loved it here.  Certainly wants to be on this team and that is usually a good thing.  As you guys discussed above, I don't think it would completely shock anyone if he turned out to be a good signing, but there is also a bust factor involved as well.

Either way, if we are going to win anything, we need him or whoever else we sign to work out in a big way.  And also as mentioned above, for some dumb reason an overwhelming majority of the french guys we sign tend to work out.

We shouldn't gamble on a summer signing.  Spend the cash and get a sure thing.  Gambles are for off season roster builds.

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

We shouldn't gamble on a summer signing.  Spend the cash and get a sure thing.  Gambles are for off season roster builds.

Aside from a Giovinco level player, who is a sure thing?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

still 33 days till the transfer window opens

• Secondary Transfer Window | July 10 – Aug. 9, 2017   

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

Aside from a Giovinco level player, who is a sure thing?

http://www.dailymail...not-wanted.html

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Felipe could play as cam. He had great stats for montreal playing that position

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

I remember sitting one T. Henry without a comparable replacement.  Seemed to work out well in the end.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

The real answer to this thread is to resign Peguy Luyindula asap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users