480 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I basically said the same things in the survey they just emailed, gave MSU 0s for everything too.

Wish I knew how much they saved by moving the match and bombing out of the USOC.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Wish I knew how much they saved by moving the match and bombing out of the USOC.

I don't know how much it costs them to use MSU but tickets were $10/$15 yesterday and with at least 3k there they brought in $30k+ on ticket sales alone.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I don't know how much it costs them to use MSU but tickets were $10/$15 yesterday and with at least 3k there they brought in $30k+ on ticket sales alone.

And I would imagine that figure would be < $10k if the match were held at RBA, as most in attendance would be season ticket holders. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Has to be a couple hundred grand at least to open RBA for a night.    And doesn't our training facility have turf fields to practice on... and aren't most of the guys who played last night experienced at playing on the MSU field?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

And I would imagine that figure would be < $10k if the match were held at RBA, as most in attendance would be season ticket holders. 

Those deep Red Bull pockets really driving the team to glory. Get these Austrian fucks out of here already.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

They could have just changed the wording last year for season ticket holders and just not offered us free tickets anymore. Hell I would rather pay $20 to go to RBA for an open cup game than pay $10 to go to MSU.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

They could have just changed the wording last year for season ticket holders and just not offered us free tickets anymore. Hell I would rather pay $20 to go to RBA for an open cup game than pay $10 to go to MSU.

Agreed, but just further proves the point that it wasn't really about the ticket sales. They don't want to the operating costs associated with opening up RBA for a crowd of 2-3k.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

The fact that this team would move a Home game to a completely inferior field to save a few thousand bucks is maddening. So, what - were gonna do this every year? Lets just play CCL games there too. Ya know what, that midweek game against Montreal - nobody's going to that either, lets just play at MSU also. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

The fact that this team would move a Home game to a completely inferior field to save a few thousand bucks is maddening. So, what - were gonna do this every year? Lets just play CCL games there too. Ya know what, that midweek game against Montreal - nobody's going to that either, lets just play at MSU also. 

Do not give them any ideas!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

tickets were $10/$15 yesterday and with at least 3k there they brought in $30k+ on ticket sales alone.

Attendance announced as 2,185. https://int.soccerwa...lution/3025065/
Less than half of any other reported crowd last night.
Do not know the $10/$15 breakdown.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
It was a stupid idea and I voiced my concerns to my rep as soon as it was announced. They admitted to doing it because of garbage crowds.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
The Atlanta Charleston game that got postponed yesterday is being played as a closed door game tomorrow. So bush league.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Charleston Battery vs Atlanta. ... At 730 with everyone in the stadium they cancelled the match. Fuck Atlanta.

You are not going to like the update!

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
DC just pulled a crazy win out of nowhere against Philly. Absolutely pouring there too.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
At least Boston lost in the Stanley Cup final.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users