78 replies to this topic

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Berhalter going with an all-Red Bull back 3 of Long, Miazga and Ream.  Have to say, they've looked a little shaky so far.

I wonder if Ream playing has anything to do with his clubmate Robinson also playing at left wing back.  Maybe Berhalter thinks Robinson and Ream may have a little chemistry from Fulham.

Chris Richards, who has been starting as a CB in the Bundesliga, is on the bench.  I'd put him in for Ream in the second half.

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Lots of coaches when playing 3 in the back only do it with a left footed CB on the left side for build up purposes.  Though even with the full squad available im not sure Brooks is a guy i'd like at LCB in a back 3.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts
  • Supports:Metro & USA

I wonder if Ream playing has anything to do with his clubmate Robinson also playing at left wing back.  Maybe Berhalter thinks Robinson and Ream may have a little chemistry from Fulham.

When Tim Ream was starting at Fulham he played left center back in a 4-man backline. Robinson is playing left fullback in a 3-man backline. Ream has played left fullback in a 4-man backline for the nats, but not very well because he doesn't add anything to the offense, and is too slow to keep up with fast wingers. His best position is clearly as a left center-back in a 4-man backline.

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Long has to be gone in the summer, I think. Of all things Marsch did well here - I think the repositioning and instruction of Long is his greatest achievement as a coach. 

I would hope our track record with CBs attracts some youngsters - I'm worried about our quality/depth there without Long. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users