#316 karlomarx

karlomarx

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire, USMNT, Man U

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:39 AM

The ref did put the penalties on the South end for "safety reasons". Utter silliness.

I guess I'm in the minority on this but i feel the streamers were the cause of the pk's moving to the south end. No other reason to move them.... ?

#317 BenBurton

BenBurton

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:03 PM

I guess I'm in the minority on this but i feel the streamers were the cause of the pk's moving to the south end. No other reason to move them.... ?

Yeah, but it's silly. Streamers aren't a safety issue and neither was the situation. If supporters are going to be considered a safety hazard then they should play the games behind closed doors.

#318 AccountDeleted1

AccountDeleted1

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:52 PM

The ref did put the penalties on the South end for "safety reasons". Utter silliness.

I agree that its silly, but I still feel that throwing anything onto the pitch is dumb. And though I have no clue if it happened at this match, but streamers are usually followed by rolled up balls, food, pens and bottles. People don't have much sense, especially when they get wasted.

#319 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Albion, Red Stars

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:56 PM

I agree that its silly, but I still feel that throwing anything onto the pitch is dumb. And though I have no clue if it happened at this match, but streamers are usually followed by rolled up balls, food, pens and bottles. People don't have much sense, especially when they get wasted.

That didn't happen. And lets keep making sure it doesn't. Friends don't let friends throw shit on our field.
Section 8 Chicago Chair

WB05 :: Pitch Invasion

#320 sopot26

sopot26

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Supports:Biale Orly, KP Sopot, Chicago Fire

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:35 PM

They were reviewing the video of it in the office when we were there last week. I need to check in to see if they took any action, I'll report back.

Lukasz was hit by that bottle coming from the field.

#321 AccountDeleted1

AccountDeleted1

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:08 AM

Friends don't let friends throw shit on our field.

Sure, but those that throw shit on our field are no friends of mine.

#322 gofire2001

gofire2001

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • Supports:Chicago, Leeds

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:13 PM

Cmon Omar. If it was a heavy object or if the streamers were thrown during the play I would understand and I would be there to tear into the individuals that contributed. But during a final before the whistle started the half is nothing to get bent out of shape about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users