Right Back

Right Back

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • Interests:RedBullOut
  • Supports:Metro, RedBullOut

I know he's got an history with injuries, but would it be worth it to take a shot at Cabezas? He was a pretty big part of Houston's success a few years ago and they tanked without him. I'd say you'd still need to go out and get a top-10 in the league level CDM but maybe he would be a good second option now that we have a shitton of cap space free anyway. 

#RedBullOut

Rats get fat, good men die.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,623 posts
  • Supports:Metro

BWP removed himself from the draft. Wonder what's up.

https://twitter.com/...959040810672133

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,623 posts

So this is interesting... players who are withdrawn are usually re-signed (unlikely) or are traded (since we now own his rights). Maybe this was a chance for BWP to control his destiny, with RBNY's help.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,452 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Agudelo got selected by Curtis/TFC. Hooks up with Jozy. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,646 posts
I mentioned this earlier but didnt Agudelo play a lot of minutes at outside back for the revs this year?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,452 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics

they had him play at a whole bunch of positions. found some level of comfort cuz at those other spots on the field, he wasn't required to be a scorer or something. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

So this is interesting... players who are withdrawn are usually re-signed (unlikely) or are traded (since we now own his rights). Maybe this was a chance for BWP to control his destiny, with RBNY's help.

. Heard a rumor that Plymouth Argyle are keen to sign him. No clue if it has any merit.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,646 posts

they had him play at a whole bunch of positions. found some level of comfort cuz at those other spots on the field, he wasn't required to be a scorer or something. 

Red Bull wont drop $600k on an outside back anyway so I guess its not worth talking about.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,239 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

So he saw what they did for Luis, and got a handshake from them that gives him virtual free agency?   He works out a deal somewhere, and RB lets him go?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,623 posts

So he saw what they did for Luis, and got a handshake from them that gives him virtual free agency?   He works out a deal somewhere, and RB lets him go?

Pretty much. This way, we keep his MLS rights. If he was taken in the re-entry draft, another team would. For example, let's say BWP wants to stay in MLS and play for... LA, but DC takes him in the draft. So LA would have to negotiate with DC. By pulling out, LA would have to negotiate with Metro. Clearly, Metro would not be a dick to LA in this scenario, but DC might.

Obviously, he can still go anywhere else in the world, no strings attached.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,239 posts

Pretty much. This way, we keep his MLS rights. If he was taken in the re-entry draft, another team would. For example, let's say BWP wants to stay in MLS and play for... LA, but DC takes him in the draft. So LA would have to negotiate with DC. By pulling out, LA would have to negotiate with Metro. Clearly, Metro would not be a dick to LA in this scenario, but DC might.

Obviously, he can still go anywhere else in the world, no strings attached.

I'm not sure if the GarberBucks we could have gotten for Luis and BDubs are worth more than the goodwil we get from treating them fairly... making things difficult for two legends would have to hurt in the locker room.   Would we realistically ever get to a situation where another $100 or $200K in GarberBucks matters in getting  player we could use?    That's a rounding error in the the amount waste we see from HamlettSandwich.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,623 posts

I'm not sure if the GarberBucks we could have gotten for Luis and BDubs are worth more than the goodwil we get from treating them fairly... making things difficult for two legends would have to hurt in the locker room.   Would we realistically ever get to a situation where another $100 or $200K in GarberBucks matters in getting  player we could use?    That's a rounding error in the the amount waste we see from HamlettSandwich.

I generally agree, but supposedly our locker room is a mess already. And we're now in position to get GarberBucks for BWP if he stays in MLS.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,239 posts

I generally agree, but supposedly our locker room is a mess already. And we're now in position to get GarberBucks for BWP if he stays in MLS.

That should be helped now that we got that cancer Robles out of here.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

That should be helped now that we got that cancer Robles out of here.

And BWP, but we kept the good teammate in Murillo. It all makes sense now!

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I am ok with bwp comming back. He got a taste as to what his value is in mls.

Also, i can see him going to Phoenix. Isnt his brother a part owner of that club?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users