JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

It was reported yesterday on air by Molexi Lalas that RBNY Communications Director, Brian Tsao, will be leaving the club. Does anyone have more info on this? I'm surprised it hasn't come up yet.

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

It was reported yesterday on air by Molexi Lalas that RBNY Communications Director, Brian Tsao, will be leaving the club. Does anyone have more info on this? I'm surprised it hasn't come up yet.

I wonder why there wasn't better communications on this....  There was a mention of it, and even some line about Petke being more concerned about him leaving than anyone else... th timing is curious, obviously, but the guy has been here 9 years.  You'd think he'd be topped out career wise here..

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

They've been talking about it on twitter all day.  Just another guy leaving the club.   Definitely a ton of change in the air.  Watching other sports teams, front office guys usually start taking other opportunities when there are questions about ownership.

metro_tico

metro_tico

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

There hasn't been any more info from the club about because Tsao is usually the one doing all the informing..

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

I tweeted something last night about him leaving? He "favorited" it but didn't respond. Seemed he was doing that to anyone who mentioned it.

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

PitchOnEStreet

PitchOnEStreet

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY -- USMNT

It was reported somewhere, can't remember where (Dave Martinez?), that he was leaving for another club...but not an MLS club.

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

This obviously shows that Red Bull is selling the team. In the meantime, Tsao will be replaced with a mix of unpaid interns and content stolen from this message board. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Does he report up to GrandPrix?  We really didn't see him bringing in his own people when he took over, as you usually would expect.  Just delayed bit of that going on?  DeBo leaves, his people gt nervous, put their resume's out on the street, and a few months later, this is what happens.  

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I mean, Tsao worked for DeGrandpre before this.

#RedBullOut

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

I mean, Tsao worked for DeGrandpre before this.

All the more reason he would want out

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York
He said he got another opportunity that he couldn't pass up. He could be putting a nice face on it, but, he's always seemed pretty honest, so I take him at his word. I won't read "Austrian Selling" into this one until told otherwise.

A lot of the MLS guys in things like communications and ticket sales are using MLS as an intro into sports; if the Knicks, etc. come calling...you go. Quickly.

If I'm not mistaken, the last RB guy (Matt) who did comms went to work for the Bruins, which is a job you take if you can get it, coming from this organization.

Good luck, Brian.

tat106

tat106

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Supports:MetroReds, USMNT

He said he got another opportunity that he couldn't pass up. He could be putting a nice face on it, but, he's always seemed pretty honest, so I take him at his word. I won't read "Austrian Selling" into this one until told otherwise.

A lot of the MLS guys in things like communications and ticket sales are using MLS as an intro into sports; if the Knicks, etc. come calling...you go. Quickly.

If I'm not mistaken, the last RB guy (Matt) who did comms went to work for the Bruins, which is a job you take if you can get it, coming from this organization.

Good luck, Brian.

He's on Linkedin, so hopefully we'll find out where he lands. When I heard the news, I was hoping he got a gig with the league or SUM. 

Good luck indeed.

"It's not genius, it's practice." - Thierry Henry

Thunderbolt7

Thunderbolt7

Second Banana

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Indeed, Matt Chmura left for the Bruins, and his successor Eric Tosi followed him after only a year and a half. They're still in Boston, not surprising since both are Massachusetts natives. Dan and I have nothing but nice things to say about both guys.

We're going to miss Brian tremendously; the past few years we've joked that he should ask Mark Lisi if he could inherit his "cockroach" nickname, having survived so many internal regime changes during the Red Bull era. I hope that where he's headed (not within the league), he finds success and happiness.

"On the wall behind my desk is the greatest symbol of American power ever -- no, not Jeff Agoos..." -Michael Davies

Steve Jolley......noted philanthropist
Steve Jolley......guarantor of victory
Steve Jolley......temporary forward
Steve Jolley......thirty second substitute
Steve Jolley......Vanity Fair's most wanted man

Steve Jolley......300-page plan consultant

Steve Jolley......live podcast color commentator
Steve Jolley......everyman
Steve Jolley......bleeder
Steve Jolley......HERO.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Does he report up to GrandPrix?  We really didn't see him bringing in his own people when he took over, as you usually would expect.  Just delayed bit of that going on?  DeBo leaves, his people gt nervous, put their resume's out on the street, and a few months later, this is what happens.  

actually the guy that Tsao reported to was hired over the summer. previously worked for MSG. i know this cuz the guy's older brother is a good friend of mine.  

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

I worked for the early Metro PR regime. John Neves, Nic DeBenedetto, Chris Brienza, Matt Chmura and Eric Tosi. All great guys. All moved on to bigger and better.  I'd expect the same for Tsao, although I only met him a handful of times. A few of the supporting PR staff is still around. I wouldnt worry about the torch being passed.

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users